Looking for simple shipping by customer choice - not by price or weight.

EdwardC
1 0 0

Hello, the shopify store I am building for my client requires Shipping by one of two customer based choices.

Standard Post - $xx.xx

Express Post - $yy.yy 

That's it. Not based upon weight or order cost.

Any suggestions or recommendations please?

Thank you kindly in advance.

EdwardC

0 Likes
Miles
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
477 68 118

Hi, @EdwardC!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. You'll be happy to know you're able to set up shipping without needing to reply on price or weight - though you will need to select one in order to set up the shipping. I'll explain below.

Flat shipping rates charge a specific amount for shipping at checkout. You can create flat shipping rates for any order within a shipping zone, or only for orders whose weight or price is within a certain range. For example, in a shipping zone for Europe, you could set a flat rate of $10, and another flat rate of $5 for orders that are over $50.

In your case, let's say you'd like to charge $5.00 for standard shipping and $10.00 for express. To set this up, you'd add in a rate with no conditions and just label the 2 rates as Standard and Express.

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Shipping and delivery.
  2. Next to the shipping profile that you want to add a shipping rate to, click Manage rates.
  3. Next to the zone that you want to add a rate to, click Add rate.
  4. Enter the name and amount for the rate.
  5. Click Done, and then click Save.

Once you're done, it should look something like this:

For more information, check out our help guide on Setting up and managing your shipping and delivery.

If you have any questions, please let me know!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes