Looking for simple shipping by customer choice - not by price or weight.

EdwardC
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello, the shopify store I am building for my client requires Shipping by one of two customer based choices.

Standard Post - $xx.xx

Express Post - $yy.yy 

That's it. Not based upon weight or order cost.

Any suggestions or recommendations please?

Thank you kindly in advance.

EdwardC

Reply 1 (1)

Miles
Shopify Staff (Retired)
480 68 158

Hi, @EdwardC!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. You'll be happy to know you're able to set up shipping without needing to reply on price or weight - though you will need to select one in order to set up the shipping. I'll explain below.

Flat shipping rates charge a specific amount for shipping at checkout. You can create flat shipping rates for any order within a shipping zone, or only for orders whose weight or price is within a certain range. For example, in a shipping zone for Europe, you could set a flat rate of $10, and another flat rate of $5 for orders that are over $50.

In your case, let's say you'd like to charge $5.00 for standard shipping and $10.00 for express. To set this up, you'd add in a rate with no conditions and just label the 2 rates as Standard and Express.

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Shipping and delivery.
  2. Next to the shipping profile that you want to add a shipping rate to, click Manage rates.
  3. Next to the zone that you want to add a rate to, click Add rate.
  4. Enter the name and amount for the rate.
  5. Click Done, and then click Save.

Once you're done, it should look something like this:

For more information, check out our help guide on Setting up and managing your shipping and delivery.

If you have any questions, please let me know!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.