Major loophole in check out

Highlighted
1 0 0

I'll keep this as short and simple as possible and look forward to a quick reply/solution because this is critical for my business.

I have two payment options.

1. Pay Online, and 2. Cash on Delivery

I want to charge my customers a little extra if they choose CASH ON DELIVERY as payment option as long as the purchase price is between 0 to 5000 INR. There seems to be no way to do this. All I can do is add a "shipping method" that charges an extra fee, but people can simply tick on the free shipping method, then go to the next step and choose cash on delivery to slip past the extra fee.

In short, I was not able to come across a way to charge customers an extra fee for Cash on Delivery in the payment method section. This is very critical to my business and I need a solution at the earliest. It is very embarrassing to call up my customers and manually tell them that they will be charged an extra fee on top of what they see on the bill at the time of paying.

Help.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
241 8 36

Hi there,

Freddie here from the Shopify Support team, happy to help.

You are correct, that there currently isn't a way to add a COD charge automatically once it's selected as the payment method. However, another merchant has previously posted a fantastic workaround solution, in this forum post right here.

I understand that there is still a way for the customer to choose the other method, but it is better than nothing. I do completely see how this is an issue for your costs, but you could also consider slightly marking up your prices to make up for these fees.

I'll be happily passing this feedback along to our Platform Developers to take this pain point into careful consideration when looking to make improvements to the platform in the future, so thank you for your valuable feedback.

Additionally, you can reach out to a Shopify Expert to see if they can possibly develop a custom solution in your store for you that can help with this limitation.

I hope this information is helpful, but if you have any further questions, just let me know.

Best regards,

Freddie
Shopify Support - support@shopify.com

Freddie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes