Managing Inventory for Kits

Highlighted
5 0 0

We're a high end yarn shop and digital learning platform.  We're offering our products as individual items (yarn, needles, patterns) and as kits (all bundled together). Right now when someone buys a kit we pull the relevant items from our individual inventory & manually decrease the stock on those items.  However as the shop grows I think this method will cause problems.  Does anyone know of a plugin to manage inventory in this way?  So when a customer purchases Product A it deducts items from Products B, C, & D?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
114 0 17

Hey Alison! 

Dave here from  the Guru Team :) 

There's a fantastic app that does exactly this that you may find useful! It's definitely worth checking out Product Bundles by Bold or Product Kits by Spice Gems to tie your products together into sets as well as reducing your workload with the orders, inventory :)

I hope this helps! 

All the Best, 
Dave | Shopify

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1235 5 86

Hi Allison,

I can also suggest our App: Products Assistant. We have a sync task that is perfect for managing inventory levels for bundled products.

Thanks, Gavin.

www.bookthatapp.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
30 0 9

Product kits work great for us. Simple to use. Kind of hard to understand how to setup but once it's setup it's simple and syncs the inventory flawlessly. 

- Charlie
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

May I ask, what do you use now?

Both apps mentioned above doesn't exist anymore.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Good question!

0 Likes