Managing Inventory for Kits

Alison_Sanders
5 0 0

We're a high end yarn shop and digital learning platform.  We're offering our products as individual items (yarn, needles, patterns) and as kits (all bundled together). Right now when someone buys a kit we pull the relevant items from our individual inventory & manually decrease the stock on those items.  However as the shop grows I think this method will cause problems.  Does anyone know of a plugin to manage inventory in this way?  So when a customer purchases Product A it deducts items from Products B, C, & D?

0 Likes
Dave_E
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
114 0 18

Hey Alison! 

Dave here from  the Guru Team :) 

There's a fantastic app that does exactly this that you may find useful! It's definitely worth checking out Product Bundles by Bold or Product Kits by Spice Gems to tie your products together into sets as well as reducing your workload with the orders, inventory :)

I hope this helps! 

All the Best, 
Dave | Shopify

0 Likes
Gavinator
Shopify Partner
1253 6 98

Hi Allison,

I can also suggest our App: Products Assistant. We have a sync task that is perfect for managing inventory levels for bundled products.

Thanks, Gavin.

www.bookthatapp.com
0 Likes
Charlie_Horse
Excursionist
30 0 11

Product kits work great for us. Simple to use. Kind of hard to understand how to setup but once it's setup it's simple and syncs the inventory flawlessly. 

- Charlie
0 Likes
Sylwiaj
Tourist
3 0 1

May I ask, what do you use now?

Both apps mentioned above doesn't exist anymore.

CaminMT
1 0 0

Good question!

0 Likes
OSSC
1 0 0

Hey Guys

We have a similar issue and are curious if you found a solution.  The shopify apps (one no longer exists & the other was a buy something get something discounted) didn't answer the question.  We make soap and other goodies.  We will take 5 items and put it into a box and sell it.  Our shopify inventory system does not allocate the consumption of these 5 items and reduce the inventory.  It all has to be done manually and wow does it suck!

Thanks

Robin

0 Likes
PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
2571 136 453

@OSSC the appless way is to actually add those items to the order and modify your theme and notifications to present them as a set of items that go together.

This way when an order is created inventory is a non-issue per item.

Merchants that want to go this route can contact me for the customization at paull.newton+shopifybundling@gmail.com 

For apps while I have no specific recommendations as each situation is unique you want to look for "inventory sync" 'variant bundles' and similar mixed search terms to find an app that works for your business setup.

There's scripting apps like usemechanic.com, arigato, script ninja that let you automate business logic like this with code , they even have a starter script:

https://usemechanic.com/task/sync-inventory-across-product-variants 

There's also using "nocode" services like integromat, zapier to update your inventory

If your already using a service like airtable, I suspect the airpower app might be able to be to do this as well? (@danielpretorius confirm?)

https://www.basegenius.com/airpower/help/shopify-inventory-management-and-tracking/  

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes