Manual Payment Method for non-supported countries

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello there,

My name is Tariq and I'm from Saudi Arabia. I'm planning to have a shopify store, but I have a couple of questions regarding payments.

And before I get to my questions, I know that Shopify Payments are not supported on my country and I know that I have to use external payment gateways.

1st : I'm planning to use Manual Payment Method as way to receive money from my customers, it will be through Bank Transfer ONLY. Can I use Shopify Payments to do that, even though it is not supported on my country ? 

2nd : If so, will I be able to show prices in my local currency ?

I just need to know what options do I have if I want to receive payments only via bank transfer.

Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
335 32 113

Hi, Tariq!

This is May from Shopify.

You are correct. Shopify Payments is currently not available in Saudi Arabia. However, there are a few other payment gateways that you can integrate with your store such as 2Checkout and PayPal Express Checkout. Check out the full list here.

1. With manual payment methods, you can have your customers pay via bank transfers. This means that your customers will transfer the money directly to your bank account. Since the transaction is only between you and your customer, you don’t need Shopify Payments to complete the transaction.

2. Although Shopify Payments is not available in your country, you can definitely show prices in your local currency. You can easily change how it displays by adjusting your currency formatting.

We also have a document that goes over Shopify invoice. You can learn more about your billing and invoices here.

Let me know if this helps. Feel free to reply back to this thread or contact our 24/7 support, and we’ll happily help!

Kind Regards,

May

Shopify Support

May | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello May, and thank you for your quick respond.

Just to clarify your answer to my 1st question ..

I do not have to activate neither Shopify payments nor external payment gateways to receive money via bank transfer. And I only have to activate manual payment method. Is that correct ?

And if so, what are the fees upon using this method ?

Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
335 32 113

Hello again, Tariq!

That’s right, you do not need to activate any payment gateways to receive money via bank transfer. And yes, all you have to do to receive the money is to activate your manual payments under ‘Settings > Payment Providers > Manual Payments’, then, select ‘Bank Deposit’.

When you select ‘Bank Deposit’, you’ll want to make sure to write some additional details, and a clear instruction for your customers on how to make the payment.

Since you are using a manual payment method, you will not be charged transaction fees on Shopify. However, you might want to check with your bank and see if they charge any fees for bank transfers.

If you have any other questions, feel free to reply to this post or contact our 24/7 support. We’re always happy to help!

Kind Regards,

May

Shopify Support

May | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thank you so much May, I really appreciate your kind words and support.

That's all I need to know, thank you again.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hello am Nora and am from Ghana, I had the same issue, all payment there is not supported in my country, I choose the manual. But what happens after the customer paid directly to my bank account.

Another thing is that ,after a checkout, the billing address doesn’t contain my payment method for the customer to do the transaction, so I just got an order now but my payment method wasn’t there for him to make payment. Please help me this
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Thanks
I hv done all this but my customers are not seeing it at the checkout point or billing side
0 Likes