Manual Payments - Transaction Fee

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7 0 1

Do manual payments (COD, Purchase Orders, etc.) incur the 2% transaction fees listed?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I was here looking for the same answer. My product average price is $150 so seems unfair for Shopify to take the same commission percentage on a cash order compaired to a $5 order that uses exactly the same database storage space!...seems a huge flaw to the Shopify pricing structure. Is the commission percentage absolutely set in stone?
I really can't see it being practical from my business POV to spend $2000 bucks a year for a system that will charge me an additional $2500 on cash orders! especially when someone selling the same amount of products, using the same server space and resources pays just $300 extra a year in commission because their individual product value is much lower. 

This can't be right?! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I was here looking for the same answer. My product average price is $150 so seems unfair for Shopify to take the same commission percentage on a cash order compaired to a $5 order that uses exactly the same database storage space!...seems a huge flaw to the Shopify pricing structure. Is the commission percentage absolutely set in stone? 
I really can't see it being practical from my business POV to spend $2000 bucks a year for a system that will charge me an additional $2500 on cash orders! especially when someone selling the same amount of products, using the same server space and resources pays just $300 extra a year in commission because their individual product value is much lower. 

This can't be right?! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
210 1 23

Hi Armon, 

Jamie here from Shopify. All orders that run through Shopify's secure checkout when Shopify Payments is not enabled on an account will incur applicable transaction fees. This includes Manual payment options. This Shopify Doc goes over understanding transaction fees with Shopify. 

Cheers!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 2

Hi @Jamie,

The link does not work... I have the same question for Shopify... What are the COD transaction fees?

Thanks,
Dan

Regards, Dan Nistor | Instagram Expert
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

hi

has anybody figured out the maual payment method for COD if there is 2% transaction fee??

0 Likes