Manual authorization to adjust shipping

4 0 0

Yet another newbie here. We are not up for paying another monthly app fee to be able to have per item shipping costs. Because our volume will be low, we want to adjust the invoice for actual USPS rates before capturing the credit card payment.  Will that work with the basic shopify?  For example, your $50.00 purchase will show a $15.00 shipping at checkout for a total credit card charge of $65.00.  But after packing, I will go into admin that night and adjust to the $6.80 flat rate USPS bag charge before manually capturing the credit card payment of 56.80. We understand that we will never upcharge.   Is this possible?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
180 0 9

Hey Julie,

Nick here from Shopify.

That is possible yes, the doc below will show you how to make a partial refund on your orders:

Refund part of an order

Hope this helps!

Nicholas Shopify Guru

0 Likes
4 0 0

Thanks for your reply, Nick. Won't there be fees on the refund? I was actually looking to capture less than the amount authorized--is that possible?  What I am really after is an app that will allow me to set per item pricing without having to upgrade Shopify to the top tier. Do you know of any?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
180 0 9

Hey Julie,

Nick here.

There are no fees charged on refunds, only captured amounts are charged fees.

The ideal app for per product shipping rates is Better Shipping, it's not badly priced and has a 7 day trial on it also :)

Nicholas
Shopify Guru

0 Likes