Manual ordering / arranging of shipping options

2 0 0

Hi Andrew

Can you please advise what the button area is for the DEBUT theme?

Thank you

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
28 0 7

tdho, please send me a link to your store so that I may take a look.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
28 0 7

Christopher Parham, have you got this working on your store?

0 Likes
1 0 0

The code still didn't work for my new theme. Did Shopify managed to implement the feature? It's really a hassle IMO. UP!

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 4

I too wish that Shopify would allow the manual sorting of shipping options. We have a pick up option that is free. The hassle of having to deal with customers who selected the first shipping option and don't actually want to pick up their order makes it not worth even offering the pick up option. It seems unlikely that Shopify would allow this as it is available only to Shopify Plus merchants.

2 Likes
Tourist
5 0 4

I just submitted another feature request for this today. Support actually made a decent suggestion that I had not seen in all my searching.

Suggestion: Create multiple Shipping Zones. One zone for all states except your local pickup state and another zone for all other states. On the one for your local state offer Free Pickup.

I recognize this will still leave you open to customers within state, but out of pickup range selecting the wrong option but it removes the majority of them.

2 Likes
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Suggestion: Create multiple Shipping Zones. One zone for all states except your local pickup state and another zone for all other states. On the one for your local state offer Free Pickup.

This of course only being viable in USA. This is a bit ridiculous. I was thinking about giving the Shopify partner program a go, but there are so many annoying things like this that are hard to fix. Even if I created a app for my customers they would likely need Shopify Plus to use it.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
5 0 9

I'm having the same trouble,

Its crazy. It pains me to see threads like this were about in 2013 and now in 2019 we still can't have a simple re-order or default shipping method radio button.

Its the one thing thats stopping me from being able to deploy this system.

I have a customer I put onto shopify which works fantastic. Except they're now quite successful with over 50 orders a day. Half of those they are now having to chase the customer and explain the issue. Because most customers are breezing through and just seeing £0 shipping and carrying on. 

For god sake fix this, its 2019 shopify.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
10 0 2

Please see the solution earlier in this thread by Andrew_McMilla1. We use the Debut and it works for us.  

I'm not much of a developer, but I managed to get it working. 

Andrew, if you're out there, we've been using this solution about 4 months on our store and it's been working great! Thank you so much!

1 Like
Tourist
5 0 4

We just implemented Andrew's solution. Works great. See the cart at store.livefluid.com for an example. Thanks @Andrew_McMilla1 

0 Likes