Manual ordering / arranging of shipping options

Tourist
10 0 4

Don't even get me started on this one. I also have an in-store pick up option and not only can a customer check out without picking a shipping option  BUT a phone number is not required for orders either AND if they do leave a phone number I have to call them and manually get their payment info and charge them on a whole separate computer. We have a busy online-store and and this is NOT OK. I have even manipulated the checkout CSS to make the shipping options so big that you would have to be an idiot not to see it. NOT helping. People still blow right through it and onto the payment section. Please find a fix soon.

1 Like
Excursionist
18 0 19

Agree with all the above. So many people have requested this feature since 2008 - I can only conclude that Shopify can't implement this tiny little thing without big implications to the Checkout in the background otherwise it would been done ages ago.

If Shopify can't fix this it can't be considered fit for purpose in today's multi-channel environment.  If we had known this in advance we too may not have chosen Shopify.  

3 Likes
Tourist
4 0 3

GOOD WORKAROUND - What I did with my Customer Pick-up (zero shipping charge) option was to type this: Customer Pickup (Tucson, AZ ONLY) - CLICK HERE FOR DELIVERY OPTIONS as the shipping option title. That greatly reduces the incidence of customers picking the default (free) option when they can't get to the facility to pick up their merchandise. Also, I made that option available ONLY in the state of Arizona, so it won't even show up when the customer lives out of state. It's the best I could think of to do, until the day when we can finally reorder our shipping options to something other than cheapest first.

2 Likes
Excursionist
18 0 19

We tested Paula's method above for 5 days on our site and still had a 20% error rate.  If only the delivery options were radio buttons that a customer had to select with no default this issue would resolved. Sounds easy, come on Shopify!

3 Likes
2 0 5

Come on, shopify. So many people struggling with this issue. It should be such an easy fix. Radio buttons instead of the dropdown. It adds to the overview of options, and then it look the same as the payment options. COME ON!

Owner of www.kaffemm.dk
4 Likes
Tourist
19 0 2

+1 On this one.

1 Like
2 0 2

Another vote for this feature! We also need to make sure Free shipping is not at the top of the list, as customers accidentally choose this option.  We wish to expand out store but this is holding us back.

PLEASE Shopify rectify this small but very problematic issue.

2 Likes
Shopify Partner
89 0 32

+1 

1 Like
Tourist
10 0 4

I have tried all possible work arounds to make this work and NOTHING has worked. I have made discount codes for pick up, I have integrated a big stop sign indicating that people need to chose a shipping method but still this is an issue. We do a high volume of business and 10% of all orders still come in with pick up chosen by accident or people not paying attention. So I have to stop what I am doing and call a person in California and see if he really wants to pick up an item in Raleigh NC and then I have to collect payment from him for shipping because we can't modify orders with Shopify either. If I had know all of this I would not have gone with the Shopify platform for our store. I am livid that this has been an ongoing issue for so many years and nothing has been done to rectify it. Anyone who has an IN-Store pick up option DO NOT choose shopify as your platform.

2 Likes
Explorer
97 0 28

Any updates?

Please Shopify get this fixed!!!

5 Likes