Manual ordering / arranging of shipping options

1 0 1

Has anyone done this with the Classic Theme.  First I created a product for it, and the created the free shipping rate.  After that I uploaded The Code as a .js file under assets (local-pickup.js)  and changed the variant ID to my products.  Then I added {% if template == 'cart' %} {{ 'api.jquery.js' | shopify_asset_url | script_tag }} {{ 'local-pickup.js' | asset_url | script_tag }} {% endif %} to the cart page and previewed the site and the checkbox isn't there.  Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?  This is all new to me and I'm trying to learn as I go so any help is appreciated thanks. 

PS I'm doing this on a copy of the theme so I don't mess up the main theme.

1 Like
3 0 0

Thank you for releasing this info. Greatly appreciated.  If shopify is every going to challenge wordpress and woocommerce, I think they need more how-to's of simply include this functionality because there is no way in hell im paying for this feature. Its a broken feature to begin with.

0 Likes
1 0 0

If you can explain how you found the proper placement for the button variable, I would appreciate it. I know we are all probably using different themes, but any hints would be great. I am using Supply myself.

0 Likes
Tourist
11 0 3

Wow 2 1/2 years and only one comment from Shopify. LAME! Has anyone tried the Store Pickup + Local Delivery app to get around this issue?

2 Likes
Tourist
7 0 1

Marvin, the name of your button variable will depend on your theme, but you need to change the line in the local-pickup.js file.

This is the line you have to modify, I am using Expo theme, and I had to change it to:
var buttonArea = $('#cart .checkout-buttons').

I apologize, but I don't remember where or how I found what I had to change it to.

Crystal, my checkbox would not show up until I found the right name for the buttonArea variable, so my guess is that that is why you can't see your button.

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hey Chris, 

I'm using the "Store PIck up local delivery" app and I think this shipping thing is one of my biggenst problems.. Originally this app lets you preselect shipping methods and thus eliminate this problem. The thing is that it doesn't work with all checkouts.. However... the developer is working ( They started working this year) with Recharge app team, which has an independent checkout.  I think this workround is supposed to be working fine with Shopify's checkout but I couldn't tell since I don't use it. 

I really recommend this app if you have local delivery and store pick up. It's not meant for regular shipping options. 

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 1

Not to sound like a broken record, but I can't speak highly enough about the workaround that Andrew McMillan posted.  Honestly I don't know if I would change it even if Shopify implemented a shipping reorder option.

It creates a very clear checkbox for customers to see, and adding a pickup item to the cart actually makes it immediately apparent when somebody wishes to pick up their order.

Not only that, it becomes part of Shopify's reporting, and I will often get shown how many people are adding it to the cart, which helps me gauge demand for local pickup.

0 Likes
2 0 0

THANK YOU :)

https://lambangdaihochanoigiare.wordpress.com/
0 Likes
2 0 0

THANKS YOU :)

https://lambangdaihochanoigiare.wordpress.com/
0 Likes
Explorer
97 0 27

Come on Shopify! :)