Manual ordering / arranging of shipping options

Shopify Partner
30 0 1

I agree with you Thomas, that would be great if we can found a solution for all stores. Unfortunately it's still not available till now. So I decided to create an application use a bit hack method to make it work for all store, the function script will managed by me to update it when needed.Hope it will be good service for all Shopify stores.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01519d714ba4d67667
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
30 0 1

So here is the app: https://apps.shopify.com/reorder-shipping-options

(One time fee available for who interested, please contact me at thanhbt001@gmail.com for it)

It's reviewing by Shopify but all feature already work so you can use it as normal app.

Hope you enjoy it!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
133 4 14

It looks great and I hope I'm wrong because this would help a lot of stores. but I'm afraid shopify might reject your app. They don't allow access to the checkout process pages because off PCI compliance, this script will have acces to those pages.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
30 0 1

Thanks Thomas, your informations is really helpful. We made Shopify app so store owner can easy to get in touch with reasonable monthly fee, if it can't be published on Shopify apps market so we only can use is as private app like a custom service, it's really sad.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
133 4 14

Hi there, Yes I really hope this will be approved, since a lot of people need this... it really is sad that there is still no easy solution from shopify. Let me know if it does get approved, good luck!

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 4

We integrated ThanhBT's code into our site and paid the one time, so far its working great. See store.livefluid.com.

Because we have recurring orders, we unfortunately have a 2nd checkout through Recharge (which is great to work with btw) but for whatever reason, they cannot reorder the shipping options either. 

This fix should cut down on 90+% of our customer errors when selecting shipping option. Thank you ThanhBT, great job!

1 Like
6 0 0

still doesnt solve it... i really need to choose my default shipping!

another thing in mind... you cant search orders by shipping method....

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 2

I want to share how we figured out a very workable solution for local pickup in our store.  and also to thank Andrew for providing the key bit of code that finally acheived it.  THANK YOU!!!!

I ended up combining an implementation of his code snippet, and using the Store Pickup + Delivery App. Neither gets all the way by itself, but together they work beautifully.  

Using the code snippet from Andrew, I added his button, which adds a 5000Lb product to the cart.  In the APP, I set it so that only shipping is available to select if the cart weight is under 5000Lb, and only pickup is available if cart is equal to or greater than 5000lb.

In Shopify, I created shipping profiles as shown in the attached image.  

When all combined, it works like this:

Scenario 1:  Local Pickup is not selected (using Andrew's button)

• The APP only gives the option for shipping, because the cart weight is less than 5000 lbs
  • Local Pickup is not listed in the shipping options during checkout.  Awesome!
  • Confirmation emails and shipping update emails are appropriately-worded to reflect that the product is being shipped

Scenario 2:  Local Pickup IS selected (via Andrew's button)

• The APP only gives the option of local pickup, and requires our customers to choose a pickup date and time (optional)
  • Local-Pickup IS the default shipping option during checkout. Very cool!
  • Confirmation emails and such are worded to reflect the product is being picked up, so no confusion when your clients who choose in-store pickup get an email saying "We're preparing your product for shipment", etc etc etc

See it in action at https://shop.wholehealthhouston.com  (don't complete an order if you don't want to make a purchase.  It's a live shop)

Thanks again to Andrew for providing the perfect complimentary solution to the Store Pickup & Delivery App.  

1 Like
Tourist
36 0 1

Great post Paul, Thank you!

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi Paul, thanks so much for sharing how you are using both Andrew's code and the Store Pickup + Delivery App. After reading years-worth of form discussions, I'm very interested in this approach.

I'm curious though, with your setup, what is the purpose of using Andrew's code/button to add the imaginary heavy object to the cart when you already have the App? I'm sure I'm missing something here- you said that neither solution alone quite gets to where you want to be, but what specifically is the advantage of this hybrid approach over just the App itself? Does it hide something or make something visible or change some defaults somewhere along the check out process relative to just using the App by itself? I've gone through the demo checkout with Store Pickup + Delivery App several times, and though I'm now craving cupcakes, I can't figure out why you would need another button (Andrew's button). 

I find the scheduled pick up time feature of the App to be very appealing, but of course the price tag on the coding solution is also appealing (thank you Andrew!!!!). If I'm going to be paying a recurring fee for an App, I'd rather not also have to get code up and running.

Basically: What does Andrew's code allow you to do that you can't do with the App? I think I understand what the App allows you to do that Andrew's code doesn't provide... but, How specifically are the complementing each other?

Thank you so much for your time!!

PS: As a side tangent- please don't let this distract from my main question above-

The other thing I'm considering is setting up MailChimp (or maybe the free Digital Downloads app if I can't figure out how to make product specific email triggers in MailChimp) to automatically send out an email with instructions for scheduling pick-up when Andrew's imaginary super heavy "Pick up in store" item is "purchased", so that I can still get automated scheduling without the App. Any reason this wouldn't work, or alternative way to add automated pick up scheduling to Andrew's free solution?

0 Likes