Manual ordering / arranging of shipping options

Tourist
5 0 2

This has also proved to be a serious issue for me. I do not have a huge mark-up on my items, and offering free shipping on small orders is out of the question. I'm actually considering removing "pick-up" from my shipping option, as many customers seem unable to properly read through shipping options.

1 Like
1 0 1

Many online shops have physical brick and mortar locations as well and need to integrate the 2 channels seamlessly. We're finding ourselves having to patch together makeshift solutions to achieve things like ordering online and picking up in store.

1 Like
Excursionist
21 0 6

I also, like the rest of you am having this same problem. We don't have a physical location yet, but as we have just started are trying to offer free shipping to the local area and friends and family, yet it cannot be done! Very frustrating, and seemingly something a lot of people are after? I don't want to use a discount code for shipping, as I am already giving them a discount of their total order.

I won't add free shipping as an option until it is resolved, seems like to much logistic back and forth as most people will simply let it default to the free option.

Also, not being able to create discount codes that offer two variables? (10% off order & free shipping under one code) that is a whole other story! 

The Future Kept is an online purveyor of well designed, durable, meticulously chosen goods for you to cherish and keep.
1 Like
Tourist
4 0 4

Perhaps if everyone send a FEATURE REQUEST (Go here: https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/shopify-discussion/t/feature-requests-here-52781) to Shopify, they may take this into consideration? It will only take a minute. Desperate for a solution.

Thank you! Michele

3 Likes
Excursionist
18 0 19

Nice one Roosbeach - have posted my request as suggested.

1 Like
1 0 1

Has anyone seen a solution to this..?

1 Like
Tourist
8 0 2

This needs a solution soon! Totally agree with Michele from Roosbeach and I've sent a feature request too. I urge everyone frustrated with this issue to do the same!

Thanks,

Luke

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
86 0 19

Hey pals!

Thanks everyone for being so vocal and bringing this up. It's a great point, and something that you've helped to keep top-of-mind.

For everyone who is concerned about the ordering of shipping rates, I'd suggest that you upgrade to Responsive Checkout as soon as you can. If you haven't seen the launch of Shopify's new Responsive Checkout (available to you now, and at no cost), you can learn more about it here: http://www.shopify.com/blog/15714308-introducing-responsive-checkout

While shipping rates will still be sorted from cheapest to most expensive, the shipping rate section is expanded with radio buttons, so all shipping options are visible. It’s much more deliberate to pass over the shipping rates now. 

That being said, with the launch of Responsive Checkout, we’re looking forward to making many more improvements, and having a more intuitive way of offering pickup is one of them.

Cheers!

UX Researcher | Shopify
1 Like
Excursionist
18 0 19

Nearly...

We have installed Responsive Checkout and added 'Collection-Free' as a shipping option.  The available shipping options are displayed much more clearly to the customer at checkout - the only improvement would have been for the customer to be forced to select an option, as it stands 'Collection' is pre-ticked and suspect we will get some collection orders by mistake.

Will report back soon..

2 Likes
Excursionist
21 0 6

Yeah, while certainly more clearer, The free option still selects by default, so does not really fix the problem for us I am afraid. Hopefully with more improvements being rolled out in the future, this will be one of them! 

The Future Kept is an online purveyor of well designed, durable, meticulously chosen goods for you to cherish and keep.
1 Like