Manual ordering / arranging of shipping options

Tourist
3 0 1

+1.  Would love a simple solution just to either 1) choose default or 2) no default

1 Like
Tourist
9 0 5

Just give us the ability to re-order our shipping options please!

4 Likes
1 0 2

Just give us the ability to re-order our shipping options please!

2 Likes
1 0 3

Hi Shopify can you give any indication whether the option of reordering or defaulting of shipping options is going to be available in the future? I am trying to convince a client to use Shopify however this is one of the main drawbacks stopping him. He is likely to go with Prestashop because of this issue.

3 Likes
Shopify Partner
4 0 1

Would like to add my vote for including the ability to not have In Store Pickup checked by default.

Could it not simply be tacked on to the end of the list and be available to choose? I realize that part of the programming challenge is that carrier supplied shipping is not known ahead of time, but it seems it could be easily set up to simply add a "Local Pickup" option after all of the others came in and simply append it to the end of the list...

Just my two cents worth...

1 Like
Excursionist
89 0 6

Hey guys,

A couple of higher profile Shopify stores that I know have done the following to completely mitigate this issue:

1.  As suggested by Shopify employee Dylan Blanchard above, changing to the free upgrade, "Responsive Checkout", significantly reduced those errors.

2.  Using Shopify's Carrier API, these stores completely eliminated any remaining trickle-down issues by showing the 'Pickup from Store' option ONLY WHEN the ship-to address is within a drivable range of their retail store. That way, buyers have no grounds for complaints if they "inadvertently" picked the free 'Store Pickup' option.

If you would like to see actual examples of these stores, send me an email.

SW

shippingwiz@gmail.com
0 Likes
2 0 6

Seriously shopify sort this out! Why can't we just select the default method!?

2 Likes
Shopify Partner
1 0 1

I have to add myself to the list of people looking for the ability to select the default shipping, or to change the order of shipping options. It's crazy to see how many people have been requesting this feature since 2008, without anything happening.

1 Like
4 0 0

Hi there! I'm new here. Just wanted to know, when you get a order what do you do; copy and paste it into paypal shipping label to print a shipping label????? Or, am I missing somthing. 

0 Likes
4 0 0

So, when you get a order, what do you do cut and paste it into paypal shipping, so I can create a shipping label. Or, am I missing something here?

0 Likes