Manual ordering / arranging of shipping options

1 0 2

This is 2015 why is this still an issue? As a marketer it is my worst nightmare to have customers get all the way to checkout, pay for their order, and then realize their order didn't included the correct shipping because the default was set to "Free warehouse pick-up". Does shopify understand we actually have had to cancel orders and refund customers just because of this small step? This is creating countless negative experiences for both customers and business owners.

I understand Shopify may want to claim they are trying to give customers an easy checkout process, but for adding a free in-store pickup it has been a bloody nightmare.

Where is the ability to re-order shipping rates, or offer a pop up confirmation in shipping method? Or to uncheck a box that defaults shipping rates to not take the cheapest available option (considering the cheapest option is free customer pick up). 

Please offer a solution for this because so far I haven't found a single app, line of code, or setting to improve this experience and this has been going on for too long. It's just not acceptable and quite frankly unprofessional. 

I will be waiting for a solution, and in the mean time refunding my customers who are checking out too quickly and not adding the correct shipping method. 

2 Likes
Shopify Partner
90 0 32

I can't understand this isn't fixed yet... 

:-)

1 Like
Shopify Partner
7 0 2

Hi

We have same issue with sorting the shipping methods by value and select first option by default.

We deliver at home but we want to add pick-up in store and it creats big problems because always the pick-up in store is selected by default.

The simpliest way solve it should be NOT TO SELECT BY DEFAULT the first supping option available and force the sutomer to make a selection (Shopify must deny commit order if no shipping method is selected)

This issue comes from common customer behaviour: they don't read everithing on page and if you don't force them to do it they don't and we had big issues because we had to speak with customers and explain the problem (sometimes money are involved).

So, Shopify - please , add at least this feature - do not check by default the shipping option and deny order if the user don't select one (like any other mandatory fields in chackout)

0 Likes
14 0 0

I'm having the same issues and is really confusing to customers.  Does anyone know if Shopify has planned to correct this issue?

0 Likes
Excursionist
18 0 19

If you upgrade to Shopify Plus you are granted access to the checkout.liquid and checkout.js files so you can make all the changes required to the sequence of shipping options.

There is the slight matter of 11,940.00USD per year for the service.

Yes - the decimal point is in the right place - price starts at 995USD per month. 

0 Likes
Excursionist
43 0 4

Just found out this issue the hard way - the same as many. Implemented click and collect for stores - now getting confused customers and frustrated staff. Hard to believe it does not exist - it's so obvious - especially with many of us clicks and mortar stores.

1 Like
1 0 0

Hey all, I´ve read the whole discussion and I´m having the same problem. I recently discovered that with the LOCAL PICK-UP APP, there is a "forced" delivery option which you configure in the app. It worked with shopify´s checkout just fine, which is the regular one. I use RECURRING BOLD app , and the checkout process is completely blocked ( Since it uses STRIPE, it needs a different checkout)

I think there´s a turnaround though Additional Google Analytics Javascript in online store settings, but I´m not a developers so don´t really understand. 

Anuone?

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

For the love of everything holy, Shopify. Why won't you fix this problem!?

1 Like
Shopify Partner
10 0 2

come on Shopify this should be fixed by now.

Veeqo all in one inventory, order, shipping, point of sale and purchase order management software for ecommerce merchants. Veeqo helps you sell on multiple stores and marketplaces such as Shopify, Woocommerce, Magento, Amazon and Ebay. Veeqo also integrates with USPS,UPS,Royal mail, Fedex, DPD and more to streamline your shipping.
1 Like
Tourist
3 0 1

+++++10000 votes

We have had our store up for 2 weeks and have already had to deal with problems from people selecting in-store pickup 15 times.  Serious issue, would be great if we could just manually set default option.

1 Like