Manual standard shipping rate doubled. Can't find cause.

Highlighted
1 0 0

My store is set up with flat rate shipping. Rate is All products $0> is $5.56 to ship. I have no other policies or shipping options set up. However, I recently added some stickers from Gooten (most everything else in through Printify). When customers add stickers, it adds a separate $5.56 shipping charge. An example would be a customer adds 3 coffee mugs and 5 shirts to their cart - shipping is $5.56 regardless of destination-  but when they also add a sticker to their order, the shipping doubles to $11.12. It doesn't increase again by adding more stickers.

It seems to be tied to the Gooten products in my catalog, but I can't seem to find a cause either within my Shopify shipping profiles or on the Gooten side. Anyone else experiences this or something similar? Troubleshooting suggestions? Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
153 6 15

Hello @ACA_ ,

How many profiles do you have setup for shipping?  does the item in question (stickers) have its own profile?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
50 0 3

With ShipperHQ, you’re not limited to customizing your shipping rates and methods based on only a couple factors. Here’s a list of factors that you can customize your shipping by:

• Zones defined by Country, Region/State, City of Zip/Postal Code
  • Price, Weight or Quantity Filters
  • Per Quantity or Weight Unit Charges
  • Minimum and Maximum charges
  • Shipping Groups and Customer Groups
  • Shipping origin-based rules 
  • Box-based rules
  • Surcharge or Discount Live Rates
  • Hide or Show Shipping Options

This is handled by our Carrier Rules functionality, which you can read more about here. The nice thing about shipping rules is you can be as granular as you want, which means you have a major impact on how much you charge and the type of delivery options you provide.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey @ACA_,

This shouldn't be happening if you are only using 1 Shopify shipping profile (the 'General' profile). Is there the possibility that you are using 2 Shopify shipping profiles? Having 2 identical profiles set up like this would cause this exact result at checkout - each profile would calculate their max shipping cost; $5.56, and then add together at checkout, totaling $11.12. In some cases, print on demand companies create their own shipping profiles, so this could also be causing the issue - you may not have been the one to create your second shipping profile.

Double check that you don't have two Shopify shipping profiles set up. If that's not the cause and if you're open to it, feel free to DM me some screenshots of your shipping setup and I'd be happy to help troubleshoot. We live and breathe front-end shipping and our CTO works closely with Shopify's shipping team, so we should be able to figure out what is happening here :)

Warm regards,
Sharon 

Co-Founder / CEO @ Intuitive Shipping
Execute a strategic approach to shipping | Intuitive Shipping | Smart Boxing | Automate Shipping Profiles
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi, Can someone help me with my rates please? I have products that I send for $7.95 under generate profile. I also have letters I send for $3 under letters profile. When a customer orders 1 product + 1 letter, is there any way to prevent Shopify from combining the rates to $10.95??

I've tried suggestions that set up rates based on using product price as the product weight and it all works fine, until I introduce free shipping on orders over $80 combined with offering ongoing discounts for signing up etc. I know I can adjust for one off discounts, but how do I deal with 10% off discount on signing up? I don't want the customer to buy an $80 product (that's set up to weigh 80kg), apply my 10% off discount and still get free shipping....

Can this be fixed please? Even WordPress can handle this sort of set up...... 

Tania

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 6

I would like to know that too!
It would be very nice if I could limit the maximum shipping costs. When a card has 2,50€ shipping and a pair of earrings has 3,95€ shipping, I can ship both of them together for 3,95€ and not a ridiculously high 6,45€. I just cannot find a way to manage this.
The flat rate shipping options are great, but I need some kind of limit on shipping costs.
Does anybody know if there is a way? If not, I would love to see this implemented in the near future!

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Have you found a solution?

The only solution what I got is this App: https://apps.shopify.com/vendor-shipping-rules-1?ref=bambri , but is unfortunately not for free....

Looking forward hearing from you :) 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 6

Sadly not. Just the common weight workaround they tell you when you email the support :-/

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

How does it work? :)

@Flaxa wrote:

Sadly not. Just the common weight workaround they tell you when you email the support :-/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 6

Here is what I got from the support, hope it helps:

--------------------------------------------

There are two options when it comes to shipping rates: weight based and price based. In order to use weight based rates, you will need to input weights for all of your products. You can then set shipping rate tiers based on the item weights. For example:

0-5 lbs - €5.00
5-10 lbs - €10.00
10-15 lbs - €15.00
15-20 lbs - €20.00

These are just example rates and you would need to determine what you want to charge per tier based on your local postage rates, but as long as the customer's order falls within one of those tiers, that is the rate they will be charged. So if they have two items that weigh a total of 3lbs, they will be charged €5.00. Since your items don't currently have weights input, that will be the first step. I made a little video showing you how to use the bulk editor to input weights for all of your products:

The other option is to create price based rates. That would look something like this:

€0-€20 - €5.00
€21-€50 - €10.00
€51-€75 - €15.00
€76-€100 - €20.00

Again, as long as the order total falls within a certain tier, that is what your customer will be charged.

To add weight or price conditions to your rates, select Add conditions when adding your rate as seen here:

You can then select whether you want your rates based on weight or price, and input your minimum and maximum for that tier:

You'll need to repeat this step for each tier you wish to set up.

0 Likes