Manually Captured payment while in Pending status

Highlighted
2 0 0

Need assistance with my fist order, The order was placed via Paypal Express checkout, and was in "pending Status" I thought it needed to be Captured, so I manually captured it, now the status says Paid, but no sign that the payment went through, either by Paypal or Bank account.

Can I undo the Capture payment?

btw, The capture was set to automatic ( later noticed)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
564 59 108

Hi @Kurtsr

Hyde here from Shopify.

According to PayPal, transactions should never remain in a pending state for longer than 48 hours. If an order does remain pending after 48 hours, and if the payment is processed in your PayPal dashboard, you will just need to mark the payment as paid:
09-37-7l6ss-udxkz

However, it sounds like you hadn't received payout to your Paypal account, but have marked it as paid in your Shopify admin. This cannot be reversed, so you should first reach out to Paypal (https://www.paypal.com/ie/smarthelp/contact-us) and provide them with whatever information you can from the Order Timeline (which is available within the order itself if you scroll down, more here). That way they can help locate the funds and see if everything was processed correctly on their gateway.

I hope this helps,

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
We were about to go back to our paypal account and found we never confirmed our email with paypal ( was a new account)

Once we confirmed the email with paypal and logged back in, we were able to see the transactions in the paypal account.

Now we’ve seen the whole payment process go through.

Thank you for your help and explaination.
0 Likes