Marking an order as paid

Highlighted
1 0 0

I want to do what would seem to be the most trivially simple thing, yet there doesn't seem to be an option. I want to mark an order as paid. How is this not a simple thing to do with an order?!

Basically, a customer placed an order with us, using a discount code for 15% off, but then emailed to say they forgot to add an item and wanted to add it to the order. Shopify doesn't allow us to add discount codes to items in this way, or to add them to orders after they have already been placed. So, I told the customer I would add it to the order, he could pay for the item (full price) and then I would refund him the 15% for the extra item.

This seems to follow along with all the advice given by Shopify on this subject, when it comes to applying discounts after the fact - simply issue a partial refund on the order.

However, as soon as I refunded the £5.25 to return that 15% to the customer, the payment status immediately changed to "partially paid".... Not "partially refunded", but "partially paid". Now, when the customer goes to their order status page it is telling them that they still owe us £5.25, which of course they don't.

Also, because the status is set to partially paid, our other systems aren't recognising it as being fully paid for, and so it is not being pulled through to our other systems for fulfillment.

I would think it would be the most trivially simple task to be able to go into an order and manually set its status to "paid", but apparently this is impossible to do?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey there, any chance you resolved the issue? Im having similar problem. 

0 Likes