Merchant ID / Maestro VU Number

Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 4

Hello,

I am currently trying to sign a contract with a company that provides Maestro Cards for its customers that can be redeemed in their Merchant Network.

The company is asking me for my "Maestro VU Number", also called "Merchant ID", to identify my store and include it in their acceptance network.

Do I already have such an ID in my store?

If yes, where could I see it?

If no, which solution could I use to receive one?

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Christophe

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
22 1 0

Did you signup somewhere for a Maestro account? If yes, it should be there in your dashboard.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 4

No didn't signup for a Maestro account. Where could I do that?

I have set up the Shopify Payments, and Maestro is already displayed as an accepted payment.

Should I set up something else?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
22 1 0

"with a company that provides Maestro Cards" - what company is that?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 4

It's called Edenred.

It's a company which provides cards and transaction solutions to other companies for their employees (as employee benefits)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

I am trying to set-up payments with Edenred and they are asking for the same (Merchant ID) @chrisss06 did you manage to find out how to get this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 4

In which country?

We chose the checkoutportal from Wirecard (in Germany).

We created a merchant account and then we could have our own merchant ID. Then we just had to set it up as external payment provider in Shopify.

This solution is a lot more secure than Shopify Payments for card payments

No fraud in 6 months with them. 1 fraud in 1 month with Shopify Payments.

And it's even cheaper (1,3% for Maestro, 1,8% vor Mastercard and VISA).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

hi @chrisss06 this would be for Spain.

Thanks for your answer.  I will take a look at checkoutportal from Wirecard as it seems they operate in Spain too.

So you made it work with Edenred right?

Also, how did you get the MerchantId from checkoutportal? Is it available in the platform or did you have to contact support?  

Any info on the process would be helpful

thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 4

The MerchantID is directly available on the platform. No need to contact the support.

For the moment we didn't close the deal with Edenred Germany because they are currently developping the new authentification method for their card (DSP2). But we hope to do it in a near future.

0 Likes