Minimum Payment Required By Bank

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello, i'm sending a message to ask about a little question. My bank requires a minimum "reload" limit (which includes bank transfers by shopify) of $50 AUD or more. If they can't get it they "return it back to the person or entity (shopify) that put it in." I was wondering what I can do about this or what happens. Is my money lost? How would I pay for new orders? Any information on this would be appreciated. For reference, my card is an everyday master card by Australia Post.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

If anyone knows how I can contact Shopify support by email please let me know. :)

@trickyricky wrote:

Hello, i'm sending a message to ask about a little question. My bank requires a minimum "reload" limit (which includes bank transfers by shopify) of $50 AUD or more. If they can't get it they "return it back to the person or entity (shopify) that put it in." I was wondering what I can do about this or what happens. Is my money lost? How would I pay for new orders? Any information on this would be appreciated. For reference, my card is an everyday master card by Australia Post.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
153 22 30

Hey @trickyricky !

Thanks for reaching out to us! If you're referring to payouts for your orders, I wouldn't be able to say for sure as it depends on the way your bank processes the order. In all likelihood, the payout would fail and be tacked onto the following payout. If you're using Shopify Payments, keep in mind that it's tied to a bank account specifically and not the credit card that you have on file to pay for your subscription. You can find the required specifications for bank accounts to use Shopify Payments in Australia here! 

Merchants with an AUS SP account can only process payments in AUD. However merchants can now sell in currency X (eg: USD) and receive their payouts in their local currency.

- A merchant must have a full checking account located in Australia with their Australian financial institution. If you use a savings account, or other specialty account type, this can pose issues with payouts, and we will not support these account types.

- Bank account format:

• Bank State Branch number (BSB): 6 digits
  • Account number: usually between 6-8 digits

- In Australia we payout using the Bulk Electronic Clearing System (BECS)

Let me know if you have any further questions about this. I'd be happy to explain anything in further detail!

Oliver | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Ok cool. I shall see what happens. I had a payout over$50 come through but I don't know what will happen next one.

0 Likes