Money from sales not going being transferred to bank

Highlighted
10 0 0

Hello

I am new to having a store and in last month and bit sadly only made 6 sales- however whet is confusing me is that I have been paid by Shopify for 3 of them, but not the other 3, despite being in between some of the other pay outs, the 3 that have been paid in no way total the total and what is really confusing is Shopify says there is nothing more o pay out.

I would be grateful if someone could advise what to do- because currently I have lost half my sales.

Also does anyone know a way to actually speak directly with someone at Shopify?

Thanks

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
406 49 88

Hey, @Wilddyan!

I'm Lizzy, one of the Gurus on the support team at Shopify.

It sounds like it's possible some of your orders may have been paid for using a different gateway. Do you know if you have more than one payment option available on your store?

You can check this under Settings>Payment Providers. If, for example, you have PayPal enabled, your customers may have opted to pay using their PayPal accounts. You can check this in the orders in the order timeline. It will look something like this, with the payment method state at the bottom:

If you do have another option set up, you will just need to check on that account to find your missing funds! Let me know if you're able to find them there.

I also wanted to say, 6 sales for you first month is nothing to be sad about! Every store needs to start somewhere, and as long as you keep working on your growth, things will move forward. We have a ton of great, free, resources in the Shopify Academy that will help you with ideas and insight on how to keep building. How are you currently promoting your business?

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
10 0 0

Hi Lizzy

Thank you, you were correct, they were in my PayPal account.

Thanks for the support too. Feel like flogging a dead horse sometimes. I will check out some more resources. Have tried a decent amount to amend site to look good - do check out my site if you have 5 mins - www.tentnutrition.com

I in general am promoting through Facebook and Instagram. I have tried Google Ads and they are good- but the spend has to be huge (for my budget) vs ROI

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
406 49 88

Hello!

You're welcome! I'm happy to hear you were able to find the funds.

I completely understand. It's a lot of work to start a business and there will be times that are exciting and fast paced, and times where slow, steady work is needed. 

Thank you for sharing your store link with me! I took a look at your site and I think you've done a fantastic job on the store. It looks professional and clean, which makes it very easy to see what you're selling right away. I also love that on the product page there is a much more in depth description, and information on the benefits of the supplement. I also checked out your social media and was happy to see how active it is! That's really important to developing an audience as well as customer trust. If a business appears to be active, it is much easier to trust them with your purchase. All in all, I'd say you've done a great job on the store design and now should turn your attention to getting your store out there.

I'm happy to hear that you've been working on some advertising. Have you had a chance to look into influencer marketing at all? I think it's an option your product could do well with, as with supplements, very often people will purchase based on reputation or word of mouth type promotion. Some smaller influencers may even agree to share your product in exchange for free product. If you can get your brand name in front of a lot of people by connecting with several smaller influencers rather than a handful of large ones you may find that sales pick up quite smoothly!

I don't want to overload you with resources, as I know you've looked at a lot, but feel free to let me know if you'd be interested in a few more about marketing. There are several that you might enjoy!

Don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions about what I've said.

0 Likes
Highlighted
10 0 0

Hi Lizzy

Thanks for getting back to me again. And am pleased you like the website, it has taken a lot of back and forth to get to this point. I have been trying to make it streamlined- as so easy to go over the top with add-ons etc...

I have thought about influencers, but firstly I don't really know where to start, plus I want people who are respected for something other then just posting pictures of themselves or having been in a reality tv show. So I guess the question is how do I find those people and how do I get them to endorse when I have the minimalist of budgets?  

Please do send me all the resources you have- they will all come in handy I'm sure

Thanks

Andy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
406 49 88

My pleasure, Andy! I can tell that you've put a lot of time into that design, as it is very streamlined and not cluttered at all.

I would suggest starting by researching hashtags that are revelvant to your business. A really simple way to start this is by thinking of larger competitors and seeing which hashtags they use, or just thinking of some that relate to what you're trying to do! Then check out those hashtags. Look at recent posts as well as top posts and start creating a list of accounts that are posting content you like the look of. This will take time, but you'll start finding little bubbles of community on the platform where your product will fit in very well! 

We also have several blog posts on working with influencers. Most of these relate to micro influencers, as that is what I'd suggest starting with!

The Beginner's Guide to Influencer Marketing on Instagram

The Case for Partnering with Influencers While They're Still Small

Go Small to Grow Big: How Thuggies Uses Micro-Influencers to Spark Sales

How to Amass +110k Micro-Influencers on Instagram & Increase Referral Sales 300%

I also wanted to share the following page from our help center with you. It explains how to start a basic marketing plan. It's a great habit to get into, breaking things down and creating structure for the trickier parts of your business. And I believe that this guide is a very helpful place to start!

Developing a marketing plan - Shopify Help Center

And last but not least, this is one of my favourite episodes of the Shopify Masters Podcast series. I love it because this business owner shares how she was able to launch her product successfully, without using any ads! It really inspired me to step up my personal Instagram game after listening as well.

Pulling off a $10k Instagram Launch (Without Any Automation or Ad Spend)

Let me know what you think of these, or if you have any questions at all!

Lizzy

0 Likes
Highlighted
10 0 0

Hi Lizzy

Thanks for this, they all seems great and I have listened to the podcast and got some good tips.

Something that a potential customer wrote to me today, was that he didn't have apple pay or paypal and that he didn't know what to do. I have thought this a few times, that my payment page looks like if you don't have apple pay/google pay or paypal that you cannot buy my product, because it is not clear that if you fill in your information you will proceed to credit card payment - is there anything that can be done to make this better? It would explain why people are dropping at that stage...

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
406 49 88

Hey Andy!

I'm happy to hear that you found the podcast there helpful! In regards to the checkout, it sounds like you have the dynamic checkout options set up, is that right? Typically the first page of the checkout won't show options for payment unless you do. You can read more about how those are displayed here

If changing your settings there doesn't help, would you be able to send me a screenshot of the page where customers might be getting mixed up, so that I can double check?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
10 0 0

Hi Lizzy

Thanks for these- I have turned on dynamic checkout, it currently shows Gpay- would prefer if showed Paypal- is there an option for that?

And in terms of the checkout page, please see picture below- it does not clearly indicate you can pay with a card. Would be great if under where is says OR there is something indicating 'pay by card' - I have had a few people contact me saying they don't have any of the dynamic payments and what to do

If there is anyway to sort this I would greatly appreciate it

Screen Shot 2020-01-31 at 12.23.11.JPG

Thanks

Andy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
406 49 88

Thank you for the screenshot there, Andy! Depending on the theme that you're currently using this may be something that our theme support team can look into removing for you. However it isn't always possible to remove due to the fact that the checkout isn't typically customizable. Can I ask which theme you have on your store?

With the dynamic checkout, the option that appears will change depending on the customer that is viewing your store. This is set up so that the payment method your customer is most likely to use, is displayed! For example, Google Pay won't show on a device where it isn't available and PayPal will appear for customers who have a history of using it on their devices.

0 Likes