Money in limbo - PayPal

3 0 0
I made my first sale yesterday, and it appears the money was sent to the email I used to register with Shopify, which is different to my PayPal.

I created a new PayPal account with my Shopify registered email.... And then read I could just update my main PayPal email with an additional email account.

Now the money is sitting in neither account, presumably it's in Shopifys account as pending? How do I get Shopify to check?
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
768 75 149

Hey there, @unicornskies 

Bo here from Shopify Support!

That is a really great question. As the wrong PayPal is associated with the account I would recommend connecting the correct one immediately if you have not already: 

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Payment providers.
  2. In the PayPal section, click Edit:
  3. Click Deactivate.
  4. Click Deactivate again to confirm.
  5. Select your PayPal account type from the drop-down menu.
  6. Click Activate.
  7. Enter the email address for your PayPal account, then click Next:
  8. Enter the password for your PayPal account, then click login. You can try to check it out here using this link: Paypal Setup.

As you already have had a payment go through you will need to contact PayPal to get it routed to the correct account. When this happens PayPal holds the funds until the email address the funds were sent to sets up an account or the merchant (you) contact them to get it routed back to the correct account. They will hold these funds for 30 days before sending them back to the customer if you do not get in touch. You can contact PayPal here. You may also need to give them some information. You can find this by going to Orders and then selecting the order in question. Scroll down to the timeline and select "information from the gateway". Here you will find any additional information their customer service may need to track down your funds for you. 

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes