Monthly Subscription

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello, 

I've just started with Shopify and have yet to officially launch my site. I was wondering if someone would be able to explain to me what happens if I sign up with a third party to complete purchase transactions instead of Shopify. Do I still pay the minimum 29.99/mo USD or does Shopify take the 2.0% only from each transaction?

Hope to hear from someone soon. 

Thanks!

Angela 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1037 87 116

Hi @Angi3,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us! How are you finding Shopify so far?

When you say "sign up with a third party to complete purchase transactions instead of Shopify", could you show me an example of this? Are you hoping to pay for a Shopify subscription with Paypal instead of a credit card? If so, then you won't incur any additional fee from Shopify, other than the standard subscription plan fee as mentioned here

In regards to additional transaction fee's that might be applied to an invoice, such as the 2% transaction fee, this will only be applied to an invoice if a customer uses a third-party gateway (other than Shopify Payments gateway) at the checkout. Who is your chosen payment gateway? A great breakdown of how we charge in full can be found here too if you would like to take a look.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help!

Many thanks,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hi Ted!

Sorry for the confusion. I meant if o sign up with a third party gateway like chase merchant for example, what fees do I pay Shopify every month? In this case would it be the 2% from sales? Or is there still a monthly set fee?

Also is the 2% taken in USD as well?

Thanks,
Angela
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1037 87 116

Hi @Angi3,

Sure thing! So transaction fee's can vary, depending on the plan you have chosen as mentioned here. For example, if you select the Basic $29 plan and use a third party gateway to accept payment for orders, then Shopify will add a 2% fee from the total of a sale for the use of our secure checkout. The 2% fee will be added to your monthly/30 day subscription invoice. More information on how transaction fee's are calculated can be found in this guide if you would like to take a look. In addition, Shopify will always charge in USD and here is a list of gateways you can choose from, based on your location. 

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with! 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes