More than 8 shipping locations? $299 jumps to $2,000?

Highlighted
4 0 0

hello! We have many suppliers shipping out directly to the customer and we have reached a limit of 8 shipping locations. Is there a way to add one at time to our current plan ($299/month and includes 8 locations) without jumping to a $2000 plan?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
79 4 16

Hey @Kendra3,

Shopify's locations are primarily used for stock keeping purposes. I.e. I have a warehouse in California and New York, and each has the same products in inventory. The idea behind locations is for faster fulfillment, though they're currently flawed since the location that is selected at checkout has nothing to do with what will give a customer the fastest shipping time and cheapest fulfillment cost - the location priority is set in your location settings. 

If you don't have to track inventory for your suppliers, I recommend setting these up in Shopify's shipping profiles instead if they charge different prices for shipping. You can use Automate Shipping Profiles to bulk-assign products to their shipping profiles if you have a lot of products in your catalog. 

If you do in fact require locations, I would reach out directly to Shopify support to see if they can add an additional location to your plan. 

I hope this helps!

Warm regards,
Sharon

Co-Founder / CEO @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Smart Boxing | Automate Shipping Profiles

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi! We have restaurants and makers from all over the country that ship directly to the customer, like a bazillion sort of drop ship locations? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
79 4 16

Do any of these dropshippers charge live rates? 

Co-Founder / CEO @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Smart Boxing | Automate Shipping Profiles

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hello! I'm not sure what that means, but we send most of them a shipping label from our store 

0 Likes