More than one shipping method per country

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

Hey guys,

I can't seem to add a country in more than one zone.

For instance:
We have standard shipping for China, Malaysia, Singapore, Bhutan etc.

and we also have express shipping only for China (NOT the rest of the countries)

How do I make a new zone with China in it so I can apply the express shipping price (as well as the existing standard shipping)?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
224 1 25

Hi, Tom!

Patrick, a Shopify Guru here :). 

To make a new zone for China, you would first need to remove it from the old one. Once it has been removed from there you would be able to create a new zone just for China  by click "Add  shipping zone" on the shipping page and looking up China. :)

Once the zone is created you'll be able to add shipping rates as you normally would. :)

Hope that helped, if you have any more questions feel free to drop us a line at support@shopify.com. :)
Patrick

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

Hello Patrick!

I hear what you're saying,

but what I'm trying to do is get (for example) China in more than one zone list. Because one will be

1. Standard Shipping Rate to China
  2. and one will be Express Shipping Rate to China

Right now Shopify won't let me add China (with different shipping rates) to both lists!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
224 1 25

Hi, Tom!

That is correct, you wouldn't be able to have the same country in multiple zones. The zone feature is designed to give rates that apply to all countries in that particular zone. :)

At the moment, if you needed to apply a specific rate to just one of countries you would need to create a new zone then add the normal rates from the original and then add the new rates that apply only to that country. :)

Hope that helps :)
Patrick

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

Patrick,

This is insane. I'm having real problems with the standard + express shipping.

There HAS to be another way to edit them.

PLEASE make it so I can put countries in more than one zone! This is so ridiculous!!! I have to stop my express shipping now, because there's no easy way to edit.

Some countries change zones according to whether they are standard shipping rates or express shipping rates. 

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
224 1 25

Hi, Tom!

At the moment, to have the setup, you're looking for you would need to create a separate zone for China. However, I can definitely submit a request for you to have it possibly added in a future update. :)

If you have any further questions feel free to drop us a line at support@shopify.com. :)
Patrick

Highlighted
1 0 1

I see you haven't added the option of having the same country in different zones.

Do you have an update about this features?

Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 4

I am having the same problem... I love Shopify as a platform but the shipping options could be more flexible. My client is based in the UK and uses multiple carriers to ship worldwide, therefore certain European countries need to be in multiple Zones as they link to different services and providers. Please make it possible to add a country to more than one Zone Shopify :-)

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

same here please advise?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Tom, 

I suggest you try Multi Shipping Rates app (https://apps.shopify.com/multi-shipping-rates). We had exactly the same issues after migrating to Shopify and decided to develop our own solution for shipping rate management

With this app you only have to create 2 options specifying country codes and weight-based price rules. 

In your case, one rate would have "CN,MY,BT,CG" as a destination rule, while the second rate would only have "CN". Both rates will have their own titles and price rules based on cart total weight. 

You can also test the rates you create on the fly. 

Hope that it helps. Good luck!

0 Likes