Move PayPal Express button from cart page to checkout page

1 0 0

Hello, 

I want to move the pay with PayPal button from Cart page to Checkout page. I saw that other stores have this option and I was wondering how it can be achieved. 

I need this because on the cart page I have two checkboxes for terms and conditions and cookies agreement and I want the customer to be able to pay only after he agrees to these (for GDPR purposes).

For example the website https://montresi.com/ has this implemented. The PayPal yellow button only appears on the checkout page.

Waiting for your reply as soon as possible since I cannot use PayPal until this is solved. 

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2374 163 342

Hi Radu,

Nick here from Shopify.

Just had a look into this for you and it seems you got it sorted out. Awesome to see you got it fixed.

Don’t hesitate to reach out again should you ever have any other questions. ?

Kind Regards,

Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
4 0 0

How do you do this. I have the same problem

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
592 28 66

Hi there @bwills18!

Don here from Shopify. :)

You can use this customisation to move buttons like this from your cart to checkout (or vice-versa).

Buttons like these can appear on either your cart page or your checkout page, but not both.

This means that if you use this coding tag on your cart page, the buttons won't appear on your checkout page.

Have a look at that guide, maybe duplicate your theme before you attempt to customise it and then try to put it in place for yourself.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes