Moved Country - changing currency and paypal information after orders have been placed

Highlighted
1 0 0

There currently doesn't seem to be any way to getting contact with the shopify team... this is  horrible, all help links are taking me in a loop.

to change currency going to Settings> General> Store currency 
gives me the following response "You've made your first sale, so you need to contact support if you want to change your currency."

The contact support page just takes me to a list of topics and all related topics when you click the "contact support" just links straight back to the main help topic page (https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/questions), without being able to contact an actual staff member. 

I emailed the support@shopify.com account, and it looks like that email is outdated as it just redirects back to the help page. 

How can I change location and currency when these options are greyed out on my account settings and I cant seem to contact shopify support? 

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1012 58 124

Hi there @Karri3!

Don here from Shopify.

Sorry to hear you've had a hard time reaching out to us here in support.

I've made this short video guide outlining how you can access your options for contacting us when using our support site.

If you notice that you're being brought backward in this process, try clearing the cache on your browser as that's the most common cause of issues like this online.

Now, for your query here; I can help you to make this change for your account, but we first have to outline some of the effects of changing your currency after a sale has been made in your store.

* Reporting: If you elect to change currencies, our reporting would not factor in the difference between currencies. So if you had €500 processed, that would show as €500 in reports. Say the next day, you switch to USD, the report would still read as €500 for previous processing. This may affect the accuracy of your reporting.

* Product Pricing: Since the dollar amount between currencies is not the same, a product price’s value, could mean something different if the currency is adjusted and impact your margins. For example - €20 is not equal to $20 USD. Refunds processed after a currency change will also be affected by the currency change.

* Apps: Some apps may have limitations when it comes to changing the selling currency. If you would like to know how changing the selling currency will affect your apps, you will need to reach out to the App developers to clarify before changing their selling currency.

If you're still happy to go ahead with this just let me know by replying to the email I will be sending out shortly.

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes