Multi Currency Checkout issue

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi, we have an on going issue with no real direct solution when talking multi currency checkouts on Shopify ! 

We are trying to add an auto IP location based Multi Currency app to our website though the issues we have are as soon as they get to the checkout it goes back to the default (Australian) currency. Now when talking $645AU to U.S$435 it is a big difference to what a customer subconsciously sees. And we are unique product world wide with a patent in the U.S so expanding into the U.S is a high priority. But we cannot find a direct solution to fix this other than:

1. Duplicate the site to be https://us.jettech.com  though now we have to pay two shopify fees, manage two stores, two sets of analytics and left with the question what will happen to our SEO and google search rankings for the u.s version ? or will that not be affected ?? 

2. Go to a Shopify Plus plan but at a fee of $2,000 a month that is not an option at all, SHOPIFY please re evaluate this !  

3. Use a third party app such as Bold Cashier and Bold Multi Currency though they do not support any shipping carriers outside of U.S.A other than DHL and Fedex which are very expensive to nationally send parcels nationally in Australia. 

Im sure we cannot be the only ones with this issue, SOMEONE PLEASE HELP US many thanks in advance 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
374 45 75
Hi,
Are you still looking for multi currency solution?
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: suhagiyajivan1992@gmail.com
Give a try to Shopify APP: https://apps.shopify.com/checkout-reminder
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1
Hi yes I am
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi,

Did you get any further with this?

I am in exactly the same boat!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1
Unfortunately not, it does not appear to be any solution or it’s hard to
find the information. Let me know if you have any progress. I’ve spent
hours trying to research it but it appears making a separate site is what
some large companies do but is not as efficient or cost effective being a
smaller business. It’s very frustrating that Shopify do offer a service for
it but you have to be on there plus plan which is $2000 a month.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
374 45 75
Hi,
Shopify already announced multi currency checkout. Please check it out here
https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/payments/shopify-payments/multi-currency

It required some coding knowledge to implement it. I'll be happy to help you!
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: suhagiyajivan1992@gmail.com
Give a try to Shopify APP: https://apps.shopify.com/checkout-reminder
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

I've been down many rabbit holes looking for solutions...

I figured Bold Cashier was my best bet and spent weeks setting up the accounts needed.

After I installed the app, the whole thing didn't sit right with me. It wasn't a clean enough solution for me.

I haven't given up on it, but at this stage I'm resolved that a proper solution all but doesn't exist.

The shopify multi currency checkout is a step forward.

But I sell thousands of products which cost between $2-7 AUD.

The shopify system rounds each product up to the nearest dollar when converting to USD.

Essentially inflating the price per product by a varying amount, the worst case up to about 45% for me.

Why cant the rounding happen on the final cart value?

Or instead, round the AUD cost based on the exchange rate and include a 'rate padding' to cover any potential shortfalls.

The current system only works for higher value products where rounding to the nearest dollar doesn't affect anyone.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi no i have not unfortunately, have you managed to find anything about it ?  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi, i am interested in talking to you further on this. What is the best way to have a thorough conversation with yourself ? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

I decided to persevere with Cashier.

Should have it up and running in a few days.

I need the Bold guys to finalise the install.

We can touch base once that's done.

0 Likes