Multi-Currency Payments being Rolled Out?

Highlighted
2 0 0

Just read the announcements for the Webinar this Thursday and see that Multi_Currency payments are going to be starting to roll out.  Yay!!!

Who can I talk to about getting rolled out sooner rather than later?  I have two stores ... a USD one and CAD one... and would prefer not having to pay double the fees associated just because I need to be able to sell in USD and CAD.  Everything about them are virtually the same.  And I would love being able to sell in other currencies too..

Any contact info would be wonderful!  Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 164

Hey, @Karen_Pickard!

Jason here from Shopify Support.

Thank you for being so excited about this rollout and using Shopify for your two stores. Our goal is to reach 100% rollout by fall, 2019. The best place to check when this feature becomes available for your store is right at your Shopify admin. A notification will appear in your Shopify admin when your store can start to use this new feature. Currently, we aren't any accepting early application. For more detail about this feature, here's a detailed guide going over selling in multiple currencies.

Since you've mentioned that the two stores you own are virtually the same with the currency being the only exception, don't forget Shopify offers multiple store discount. The prerequisite of this discount is that the two stores have be on the same monthly or annual plan - the plan has to be Shopify plan or higher.15_09-qsv52-ub5eu
If this applies to your stores, kindly reach out to support right away. We'd be happy to help you submit the application. Just in case if you're on the Basic plan, here's a pricing chart comparing each plan side by side. Feel free to take a closer look and see if upgrading suits your business plan.

I hope this information helps. However, should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reply back here and I'd be happy to help out!

All the best,
Jason

Jason | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2151 102 306

Keep in mind the feature also requires the stores to be using Shopify-Payments.

And when it's available you may need to update your theme 

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/payments/shopify-payments/multi-currency/developers

When the time comes if you need help updating your store to use multi-currency you can hire me

paull.newton+shopifyforumsmulticurrency@gmail.com.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
1 Like