Multilingual payment processor

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi,

I run a store that uses the buy button channel from external websites. These sites are multilingual (english and french). 

I am using GTranslate to in the main store

The buy buttons are easily translated during the creation process which makes the Add to cart button and cart itself display in the appropriate language

However, the payment processor doesn't seem to allow this language recognition ?

Does anyone know how to work around this ?

Thanks

Danny

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 502

Hi Danny, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

Great question. You can now change the language of the store admin which will, in turn, change the language of the payment processor for you. Can you confirm what you mean by payment processor exactly as well as which payment gateway you are using, please? 

In the meantime, I will show you how to change the language of the admin of a store should that be what you're looking for: Settings > Account > Accounts and permissions > Select the person whose language settings you want to change > Language 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Nick

Thanks for yojur reply.

I think this option will make this a one OR the other language but not permit the language to be usercentric, right ? In other words, i'm looking for a way for the processor (say PayPal) to be opened in English when the buyer is english and French when he/she is French.

Danny 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 502

Hi Danny, 

Thanks for getting back to me and clarifying this. 

For this, it is something you would be best reaching out to PayPal about (or whichever third party processor you use) in this instance. When a customer clicks PayPal to pay for an item they are taken away from Shopify to PayPal directly and Shopify would have no way of controlling the language on the other end. In terms of if the customer chooses to checkout within Shopify, and the checkout language would inevitably be the language you set it as for your public facing aspect, it would be trasnlated for the customer then depending on where they are based. 

I hope this helps and explains the why behind your question more clearly. Any other questions, just let me know. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes