Multiple Packages For Single Order

Tourist
12 0 2

Hello all,
I have a question about purchasing multiple labels with Shopify labels. For example in an upcoming release my store will be selling shirts with a matching screen printed poster. I need to ship the shirt in a poly mailer and the poster in a poster tube so if I mark the shirt for fullfillment and buy the shipping label for it will I be able to then mark the poster for fullfillment and puchase another label for that?

Any better ideas for shipping posters and shirts together is appreciated! This is just the way I thought shipping them would work best.

Gage

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
509 0 47

Hi Gage,

Thanks for posting on the forums!

You can for sure buy a shipping label for each item in the order if you are using USPS and buying the labels in your admin! 

Please read over this Help guide on buying shipping labels if you have some time, and don't forget to add your package sizes in here as well so you can pick the right package for each product!

For your rates, you need to create a rate that will cover all possible rates on your checkout as well!

I hope this helps!

Warm regards,

Anne

1 Like
Tourist
12 0 2

Thank you for the help and useful information, Anne! 

Gage

0 Likes
1 0 0

Anne_ M,

Your response gives info on printing multiple labels for multiple orders but not for an order that needs multiple labels. I too have many orders that are too big to fit in one single package. How can ONE order be split into multiple packages?

Most shipping services allow this since it is a common occurrence in the business world. I have been disappointed in the limitations of Shopify's Shipping. I love the convenience for simple orders but not being able to increase insurance and what appears to be no way to ship multiple packages on a single order are serious problems.

Hopefully you have some good news for me.

0 Likes