Multiple Products with Same SKU - Not Updating Inventory in Sync

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
11 0 2

Hi all,

I have two different shopify product pages that are both selling the same physical product. This physical product has just one SKU that I have entered on both product pages.

However, when the product is sold on product page A, it only updates the inventory of the physical product for that specific product page, and not the inventory for product B as well (which intuitively it should--because they are utilizing the same SKU).

How can I set it so that no matter where the physical product is sold (no matter which shopify product page it is sold on), the inventory will update across all areas?

The issue here is that product page A might sell 50 of the physical product, but it doesn't update that inventory at all on product page B and then I run into mismatched inventory numbers and fulfillment issues because we ran out of the product when we had no idea.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
96 0 23

Hey @Jon_C33 

Unfortunately Shopify doesn't keep in sync inventory for products that have the same SKU. You will need to use a plugin/app for that.

For example, Trunk can keep inventory in sync in real-time between shared SKUs within your Shopify store: https://www.trunkinventory.com

P.S. I'm the developer of Trunk so please let me know if you have any additional questions/concerns!

⚡Sync your stock levels + bundles/kits in real-time between any number of Shopify, Amazon, eBay, Etsy, Faire, Squarespace, Square stores with Trunk
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 3

Hi Jon,

Did you ever find a solution to this? As I am in the same boat. 

I can see lots of stock syncing apps for multiple warehouse/wesbites to connect via feed updates but I just want to synch my inventory in my shop between products like yourself.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
96 0 23

Hi @Stephhrev 

Sorry to bud in but I just wanted to mention that Trunk will be able to sync stock levels between different products within the same Shopify store. There's two ways Trunk can do this:

1. either by making sure all products that you want to sync together have the same SKU, or

2. if you don't/can't make the SKUs be the same, you can use our bundling/kitting feature to do this: http://bit.ly/trunkhelpbundles

Here is Trunk's Shopify App Store listing if you're interested in checking it out: http://apps.shopify.com/trunk

Please let me know if you have any questions!

⚡Sync your stock levels + bundles/kits in real-time between any number of Shopify, Amazon, eBay, Etsy, Faire, Squarespace, Square stores with Trunk
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
11 0 2

No solution unfortunately and don't want to add more apps on top of our setup so we have just tracked inventory manually.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

hey there - were you able to come to a good solution for this? facing this problem now too and would love to see if you found something that worked for keeping track of inventory of a certain SKU on multiple different product pages. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 3

Hey!

Yes! we have been using the 'Bundles' app ( just search for that in the apps) which has been great. Super easy to use, and recognises when items are deleted etc ( I don't know how to link the app here otherwise I would!)

kind regards, 

steph

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi, is this bundles app the one that you use?

https://apps.shopify.com/bundles?surface_detail=bundles&surface_inter_position=1&surface_intra_posit...

will it allow me to sync stock levels for 2 different products?

@Stephhrev wrote:

Hey!

Yes! we have been using the 'Bundles' app ( just search for that in the apps) which has been great. Super easy to use, and recognises when items are deleted etc ( I don't know how to link the app here otherwise I would!)

kind regards, 

steph

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 3

hi @mynichehome 

Yes and yes :) its brilliant!

Just bare in mind takes about an hour to update inventory when you add stock to the single items in shopify.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 3

It's really disappointing that this doesn't work out of the box with Shopify. Not only that, but it allowed us to create a page using the duplicate SKU, without any warning that it wouldn't be syncing inventory properly.

We already pay thousands for an external inventory management system (SkuVault), so it's strange that the answer is to add yet another inventory management system into the mix. Or, is this something I need to bring up with SkuVault?

1 Like