Multiple Shipping charges for multiple product collections

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi,

I have different product sets within my store and I need to be able to charge different shipping charges with different free shipping levels depending on the types of products purchased.

Example:

Gig bag order under £200 requires £4.95 shipping (by courier) over £200 is FOC

Guitar strings under £50 require £1.95 shipping (by post) over £50 is FOC

All within the same store.

Can anyone advise please?

Thanks very much. Sorry if this has been asked before!

Damian

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
576 20 186

Hey Damian,

Aria here, one of the Social Care gurus at Shopify. :)

With something that complex, you'd be looking at using an app such as Bespoke Shipping. It can handle per item rates as well as allow you to set up additional rules. 

In order for this app to work, you'd also need Carrier Calculated Shipping. There are 3 ways to add Carrier Calculated Shipping. You can either upgrade to the Advanced Shopify plan which is $299 per month, add it to your existing plan for an additional $20 per month or you can pay annually rather than monthly. This will give you 10% discount on your plan and you’ll get FREE Carrier Calculated Shipping.

If you're willing to reconsider your shipping structure, let us know. We might be able to help you come up with a workaround in the admin. 

We're always here if you have more questions. :)

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi Aria,

First of all, thanks for your helpful reply.

I'd be really interested to see how to structure my shipping with a workaround in admin. I haven't only got 2 types of products and so I'd like to be able to have a simple way of doing it that doesn't cost anything additionally if possible.

Because they will be fulfilled in different ways, gig bags via courier such as UPS and the strings and guitar picks will be sent by manually post does that help?

I'm open to having a more simple charging structure for shipping too if that helps too..

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks again

Damian

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
576 20 186

Hey Damian,

Aria again. :)

You can set up weight based, flat rate shipping rates so that gig bags will always be 4.95 GBP for shipping and guitar strings will always be 1.95 GBP. You can also set up a separate price based shipping rate so that if they spend a certain amount, the shipping will be free. You just can't set up two separate free shipping rates for strings and gig bags. If they spent enough, they'd get the free shipping, regardless of what was in their cart. 

This is how you'd set up the weight based section: 

Go to Settings > Shipping > Edit (next to your Domestic shipping zone) > Add Rate (next to Weight-Based Rates)

Then: 

For this to work, you'd need to ensure there is an accurate weight in all of your product pages. You can use the Bulk Editor for this if you like. This guide explains how to use it. 

To create the free shipping part:

It's not exactly what you asked for but it does make more sense than paying for an app and CCS if you don't have to. 

Let me know if you have more questions. :)

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes