Multiple currencies: Bold Multi-Currency + Bold Cashier

Solved
Shopify Partner
43 0 6

Hi,

It is great to hear that Shopify is rolling out multi-currency support.  We have one client, however, who is located in a country where Shopify Payments isn't supported yet.

So we are looking for alternative means of accepting multi-currencies.

The Bold Multi-Currency has been mentioned a few times in the forums and is something we are looking at.  However, I notice that for customers to be charged in their local currency, the app Bold Cashier is required.  However, I can't seem to find the Bold Cashier app that's referenced in the video anywhere?  Does it still exist?  Is it still required?

Thank you.

0 Likes

Success.

Community Manager
Community Manager
2397 163 351

Hi @VWD,

Nick here from Shopify. Great question! 

The Cashier app by Bold can be found on the Bold website here. I'm not 100% sure why it isn't on the app store but feel it could be because there are some third party integrations and costs involved. Other than using multi-currency or the Cashier app, there isn't really another way to have the customers native currency appear in the checkout. 

If you have any other specific questions about the Cashier app from Bold, your best bet would be to contact them directly on their own website here

Hopefully, this helps! 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Shopify Partner
43 0 6

Thanks for your reply Nick.  We'll have a look at the Bold Cashier app.

1 Like
Community Manager
Community Manager
2397 163 351

No problem at all, glad to help! It does mention that it can integrate with Shopify so I have a good feeling it should work. 

19-07-njbfr-00vco

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

Hi @VWD ! How did this turn out? Am looking for a seamless currency + checkout (in other currencies) experience and discovered Bold via your post. If you have implemented already, would you care to share a url for the store so I can check out myself?

Have set up a store with prices in Norwegian Kroner, we want to offer a full experience in EUR and SEK as well :). 

Looking forward to your reply,

Best,

Øyvind Holm-Johnsen

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
43 0 6

Hi @holmjohnsen ,

In the end the client opted to stick with a single currency and so we didn't have to proceed with it.  However, from our brief research, it seems that the Bold suite of apps for Shopify is the way to go at the moment.

If you do go ahead, it would be interesting to hear your experiences.

Kind regards

VWD

0 Likes