Multiple currency check out

Tourist
4 0 2

actually i just checked the site above. it offers 2 buttons: checkout in USD, checkout in euros.

0 Likes
Explorer
296 0 24

https://www.scoreband.net takes the users to a completely different checkout link (not Shopify's) to complete the payment in the second currency. Please note it is not the actual Shopify checkout..

I make apps and can help you in setting up payment gateways..
2 Likes
2 0 1

Hi all. Unfortunately the multiple checkout can be offered only to Companies having not only a bank account in the US but also a physically adress. The multiple checkout is supported by www.stripe.com and they confirmed me twice about this. So small businesses outside US have no chance. Very bad about this experience

1 Like
Tourist
12 0 3

Single currency sheckout is the only thing that's stopping us from migrating to Shopify. I'm sure we're not alone here. There is no good reason to offer single currency checkout. None.

3 Likes
Tourist
10 0 6

Since reading from their reply to my initial posting here, I studied all other hosted solutions and came to the conclusion that this platform really is only for online shops selling within their own domestic market, mostly in the US. 

Most other hosted solutions are either limiting in one way or another and really not for serious shops, regardless of size. Those with better capabilities are extremely expensive. We think that's all bogus and decided to stay with self-hosted solution. We were initially using a French based open source ecommerce platform, which has been a pain in the a----, and have now developed a new site using the very friendly and most popular open source ecommerce platform, US based, you know which one. We bought a verywell designed theme and a few plugins to make it does what we need — selling tangible goods to the world — and the cost is not even a month's charge in any of teh useable plans in most of the hosted solutions. I don't think setting up such thing is any more complex than using Shopify, and we have the freedom of fine-tuning a lot of things in the shop. We do have to pay the domain host a small and fixed monthly fees, but that's still a lot cheaper than using this platform.

The most important thing is, we have a shop that takes any currencies and do things exactly as we want it to. It is our own shop afterall.

0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 4

I have just contacted Shopify and they have said they are working on a solution for us international sellers who need multi-currency display on the checkout page.  But I feel like we need to get together and really push for this solution.  They told me the more a feature is requested the higher priority it will be. What do you think?

3 Likes
Tourist
10 0 6

I have just contacted Shopify and they have said they are working on a solution for us international sellers who need multi-currency display on the checkout page.  But I feel like we need to get together and really push for this solution.  They told me the more a feature is requested the higher priority it will be. What do you think?

They have been contacted for years for that solution. They responded to this post with some smoke screen answer almost half a year ago. If you are seriously in business for an online shop, I don't think you should wait. Find a better solution that exists today. 

We did not wait and have used something else. I am following this post simply because I think we international online sellers should help each other for not falling into this delusionally easy solution. It is not one for us. Check carefully the payment methods supported for your country, striped functionalities for merchants outside of the US, as well as the same amount of work you have to input in creating your operational site, etc. This really is not a better choice, at least until they are able to eliminate all the restrctions for international sellers.

We do not have any IT background and with a little bit of reserach and playing around, learned that self-hosted solution I talked about. I think other people should keep an open mind too and be free from this seemingly easy, but in reality extremely restrictive solution.

0 Likes
Tourist
12 0 3

Which one?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
26 0 2

How is this solution implemented? By contacting Stripe directly? I know Defer Pay uses Stripe checkout as well.

0 Likes
Tourist
10 0 6

Margarita, we are using WooCommerce in Wordpress. Find a good theme either free at Wordpress or paid in Themeforest, add a couple of sensible plugins, and you are good to go. It is a totally open and wide horizon beyond Shopify

2 Likes