Multiple currency check out

Shopify Partner
26 0 2

HI - any idea how this is implemented?

0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 4

Thanks for posting Flyhead. Shopify is very very frustrating for international sellers.  Your WooCommerce in Wordpress solutions sounds very good.  What is it like with PCI compliance and all that security stuff?

0 Likes
Tourist
10 0 6

Hello BoardGameBowls,

We have our site hosted in one of those many hosting services. You have to too if you want to use that solution I said. To get your online store compliant with all the requirements for online payment, you just buy an SSL certificate with a dedicated IP address for the store. Buy it from your hosting service. We paid only 60 USD for a year for that.

It is actually easier than it sounds. The keyis to find a hosting service that is reliable and good service enough. There really are a few out there. My tips: find one which service package comes with a cPanel user interface.

Alternatively you can go to Wordpress.com and get all that hosting, SSL, IP and other IT stuff taken care of for you for 25 USD a month. You can then start to create your shop right away. We want a bit more backend control of things so we stick with our own hosting service.

0 Likes
Explorer
296 0 24

@All.. If you are OK with using PayPal for multiple currency checkout, it is possible to have it implemented.. Drop in a mail at hymnz(@)outlook(dot)com if anyone is interested..

I make apps and can help you in setting up payment gateways..
0 Likes
9 0 0

@Shopify - If possible could you give us a timre frame or an expected date that you guys would be able to push out the multiple currency feature. Really really need this feature asap! Im pretty sure im with all your other international shopify customers that this feature is a serious priority. Thanks and really hope to hear from you guys soon or some kind of response.

@ALL - If anyone else has a workaround/legit solution to this problem pls let me know. I have went through the other solutions posted in this thread so far but they are either mostly switch to another ecommerce platform or use a high paid app. Thanks shopify community 

0 Likes
4 0 0

@All - I have contacted Auto Currency Switcher app guys again due to all such requests and I am pleased to let you know they have got the app compatible with checkout through paypal in multiple currencies. So, now any one having a paypal business account can also collect payment in multiple currencies. They told me they already have stores www.phixclothing.com, www.loveclothing.com and many more using this feature.

0 Likes
3 0 0

Would love to hear about apps that can do this, there must be some?? 

0 Likes
3 0 0

I have stopped using Shopify for this exact reason. It is not acceptable a checkout in single currency.

The fact we are online with a platform and not with a home managed web site, is we want to be globally present with uptime and scalability options.

Charging customers on their credit cards using an unfamiliar conversion rate, is pushing back buyers.

It is sad that after 2 years, still Shopify is not caring about this strong need.

0 Likes
17 0 0

I am also considering leaving Shopify.... this should have been a no 1 priority, but I guess they prioritize local based businesses first.  Most of my customers are from Europe and after a few months investigating, most abandonments are due that the currency is not in euros at checkout... that is a lot of profits down the drain....

So Shopify, if you want to keep international businesses, which is a growing trend, put this in priority ASAP.  IF WooCommerce can do it, there is no reason why Shopify can't.  Because honestly, nothing else can be more important than this... everything else is OK. 

0 Likes
Tourist
20 0 2

Hi everyone,

I am based in Singapore and selling worldwide, so I also need multi currency check-out.

I subscribed to this app called "Multi Currency Switcher" which also offers and add-on to check-out in the same currency displayed while the user is browsing through my website. It works BUT there are three main drawbacks:

1- additional cost of 10$ per month (so the total cost of the app is 20$ per month)

2- I believe it only works with Stripe payment gateway (which is fine by me, but some users don't have this option)

3- upon checking out, the customer is redirected to an URL with a different name (mlveda) than the one of my store (kulture). I have not launched my website yet, but I believe this could be a major deterrent to finish the check-out for the customer. 

Some opinions on the last point would be very much welcome! This is my first ecommerce venture and I'm still weighting using this multi currency checkout due to this URL redirection...

- Charles 

1 Like