Multiple currency check out

3 0 0

I can confirm, there is an app that does it! https://apps.shopify.com/multi-currency.

Finally! 

0 Likes
1 0 1

I am having the same problems. Contacted them several times but they keep coming up with their b**shit solution of opening multiple stores... which is of course good for their revenue but not a solution for us...

The Multi Currency Switcher app might work but is still not ideal. I suggest we keep pushing them, contacting them via the chat, email etc. until they go totally crazy and address the problem properly. If not I will also leave Shopify.

1 Like
Explorer
296 0 24

@all .. It is possible to tweak PayPal and some other payment processes to accept different currency than what is displayed on your store..

Please drop a mail at hymnz(@)outlook(dot)com if you are interested..

I can also provide sample websites that collect payment in multiple currencies..

I make apps and can help you in setting up payment gateways..
0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

So, just to follow on from everyone else........ @Daryoush - when you say 'the near future' and you said that 6 months ago....... how near are we talking?

Because one thing is for certain - if you're suggesting, as you clearly are here - that Shopify are working on something, and then we all go and create multiple stores - only to then have Shopify announce that is is suddenly now available - we will be incredibly frustrated.  

So can I kindly request that you remove any ambiguity from your previous statement, and tell us exactly when we might expect this feature to be implemented.  

Many thanks,

Ben

1 Like
3 0 0

Posted this earlier, but Ben we're using this https://boldcommerce.com/cashier and it's been AH-mazing! I think there are a few countries it doesn't work in yet, but it does all the major ones. Loving all the other features too

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

Hey Mikayla, thanks for sharing!  I see it is in a private beta at the moment, and that the cost starts at 1% of transactions - is that right?

Can I take a look at your site so I can see it in action?

Thanks!

Ben

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi Flyhead,

I am not sure but you can try visiting here. It update discounted apps with multinational. Hope you to enjoy it.

Jiotv

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
8 0 8

They have different info on their website than they do on the app store. I have sent them an e-mail requesting clarification. Will post the answer on here as soon as they get back to me. 

This multicurrency app could be the real deal. I checked out the other recommendations and they didn't look as good as this app. 

No point in waiting for shopify to come up with a solution. It's not hard to fix and if they had really wanted to fix it, it would have been done by now. 

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

Following this exchange, I messaged Bold yesterday.  They confirmed that one major drawback at the moment is that this app only works for stores based in US/Canada.  However they are working on expanding that.

0 Likes
Explorer
296 0 24

Hi all.. I have a simple solution that works via PayPal.. you can check it out here..

https://paypal-setup.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/dummy-product

The above process is not complete and will only take you to a sandbox PayPal payment page (and thus please don't proceed with payment) in the selected currency. The full solution will also update the order status and redirect customers to "Thank you" page.

If the process works for you, drop in a mail at hymnz(@)outlook(dot)com

I make apps and can help you in setting up payment gateways..
0 Likes