Multiple currency check out

Tourist
10 0 9

Nice app but a major flaw with Bold is that the discounts codes have to be generated on the app and those thousands in your store are useless.  This renders any auto generating app for discount codes useless.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
15 0 7

I found a Shopify app by MLveda called mCheckout (an unlisted app) that will keep the prices and total cost converted to your customers' specs https://www.mlveda.com/multi_currency_checkout.html and it works with their other app called Auto Currency Switcher. They also have a Multi Country Pricing app that allows you to change prices for customers from other countries https://www.mlveda.com/multi-country-pricing-shopify.html Supposedly it helps when it comes to high international shipping fees. 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
15 0 7

Hey Jay,

Yes. Cashier looks fantastic. It's more than what I've been looking for. I just installed it. Looks in depth. Will have to take a deep dive before I launch. 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
15 0 7

Jay,

If I'm using Cashier then I won't need the Bold Multi Currency app. Right?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
14 0 11

What I find extremly frustrating, is that all the infrastructure is already in place within Shopify to handle multicurrency.  Al they need is a few conditional if statements, and an update to the user interface. 

A days work for a decent progammeer.  The biggest deal is the validation and adminstrative papework to confirm PCI DSS compliance, which would take the most time.

Hopefully this is the year, that true Multicurrency comes to Shopify.​​

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
15 0 7

Yeah I mean it's UX 101. Customers ain't gonna wanna deal with their checkout not being in the same currency as while shopping. It's so critical for an international platform but part of me thinks Shopify has primarily focused on North America. 

1 Like
1 0 0

When is this going to happen?!

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi Bry,

It was so good reading your post - thank you!

I'm just starting out (from NZ) and yet to go live because of the same ridiculous inability to have a muti-currency checkout. I think it's especially bad for us when our NZD and AUD are weaker than USD and GBP so look scarily high. And also it particularly affects me due to planned free plus shipping offers.

Can I ask - did you have any luck with Bold Cashier - or did you end up migrating to WooCommerce? I don't have post purchase apps, but waiting on Bold Cashier to come back to me about integrating with Shopify Pay as it's not on their list of supported Gateways...

Thanks again for your shared experience!

0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 8

Hey Evey!

Congrats on your store!

No I couldn't use Bold Cashier, as I offer Afterpay, ZipPay, Laybuy, which are not compatible with Bold Cashier. After thoroughly investigating every avenue, there was no solution, so my only option was to move to Woo. 

I am in the final stages of setting up my website on Woo, and although I was very apprehensive about the work and learning required in moving, I've found it's pretty similar to Shopify but cheaper and more customisable. I am much happier with the look of my website there as I have been able to design and add functionality exactly as I want, without limitation - being opensource. Overall it has been the right choice for me so far (although I am yet to go live, but I can't foresee any issues).

I reached out to some large businesses who had been referenced in Shopify articles spruiking about running multiple stores as a solution, who actually confessed to me it was a nightmare and to avoid it if possible...

Let me know if you have any questions, I am happy to help, so others don't waste the time I did figuring this out!

Bry

0 Likes
3 0 0

It's been quite some time now since posting this topic and multiple currency checkout is still not happening. Have to move away from Shopify due to this limitation soon...

0 Likes