Multiple currency check out

Shopify Partner
31 0 3

Hey Faye, 

Just saw your note here. Thanks for using our apps!  The issue you're having is actually really easy fix :-).  There's just a little update you need to do to the email template and you're good to go. We have thousands of stores using our Multi-Currency solution and loving it. 

Here's where you can find the update https://support.boldcommerce.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000848306-Show-Converted-Currency-Amount-on-th...

If you need any help with it, we're happy to do it for you too! 

Co-Founder of Bold Commerce, and eCommerce store owner since 1998!
1 Like
18 0 0

Hi Jay,

Thank you...I was able to update the email template, it looks much clearer.  But given EU laws about making sure all amounts are very clear, are you able to give an email template that shows the same breakdown as it does in the default currency (ie. Subtotal in Euros, Shipping in Euros, Vat in Euros)?  Perhaps even if this was a separate section below? 

Also, where it says "Payment Method" with gateway, it still shows default currency?  

And thank you, you have done a great job with this app.  I love the ability to round up etc. to make everything look clean.  Lauren was able to partially enable it so Default currency still goes thru Shopify (leaving my gift cards still usable and buyable).

Best,

Faye

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
31 0 3

Thanks Faye! I really appreciate that :-) 

So to answer your question, yes it's definitely possible. I have a big block of liquid that you just need to replace your current template with that should do the trick. I'm just trying to think of the best way to get it to you. 

Do you by any chance an an open ticket with our support team on this that you can send me the number? If not, can you create one and let me know the ticket number? I'll make sure it gets sent right away then. And we're happy to do it for you too if you need! 

Send the email to support [at] boldcommerce.com just mention that ticket is in referece to the bottom question on this post. 

0 Likes
18 0 0

Amazing!

Ticket 278941 RE: Bold Cashier

If you could do it for me that would be so wonderful!

0 Likes
1 0 0

So I have just spent an hour reading everyones comments.... 

I found this website which does exactly what I want it to do in relation to multiple currencies etc and afterpay etc.

www.barneycools.com

What apps do you think this website has used and do you think it is a shopify site?

TIA

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
7 0 0

Hi Tia, Barney Cools is owned by the same group as Zanerobe. They're a big company (Zanerobe's estimated annual income ~$40million), and both Zanerobe and Barney Cools run on WooCommerce, though I'm sure there's some pretty sophisticated inventory and payment solutions below the hood.

They won't have spared any expense getting setup.

Shopify announced earlier this year at their annual conference, Unite, that multi currency checkout will be made available to Shopify Plus (enterprise) merchants: https://www.shopify.com/enterprise/international-ecommerce-strategy

Feel free to drop me an email and I'll see if I can help you work out the best option for your business.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
31 0 3

Someone mentioned they were looking for examples of Shoify stores billing in multiple currencies through the checkout. This is just one that comes to mind that has a few currencies https://www.bikerhelmets.com/ 

If you select a currency and add something to the cart and go through the checkout page, you'll notice it actually bills in that currency too. 

This is done through this app https://apps.shopify.com/multi-currency 

If any one has any question, happy to help! 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
138 0 37

Hi there, we're starting to think about multiple currencies as well.

We hope Shopify are considering all the implications of selling in multiple regions - frankly, currency seems like the easy bit!

Other things to consider:

• Different prices for different locations. If you offer free shipping, a straight currency conversion doesn't work.
  • Products often have slightly different attributes/descriptions (like bed sizes and units of measure) depending on reqion.
  • You often need local conact details (like phone)
  • Multiple SEO/online marketing companies tell us people trust websites from local domains. So region change-outs (product descriptions, price) need to be triggered based on the incoming domain.

What we actually need are region-based fields (price, description, contact) which display depending on the domain name with all other fields/areas displaying the same accross all regions.

Managing an entire website's content accross multiple websites seems crazy - right?

0 Likes
1 0 3

I think limiting this to just one part of shopify is really cruel. I'm trying to bring my business over from Etsy because omg the amount they take and have been so unsuccessful due to this one issue. Once my customers get to the actual payment processing it looks so different, the prices are wrong, they get sceptical and then go order it off Etsy. Thus I'm back in the same boat with paying Etsy $2000.00 a month. I'm so flabbergasted that you have what most shops really need to be successful and thrive only, to have it for the high volume shops and no one else can even just pay extra for it. 

3 Likes
Excursionist
30 1 1

So, I can see now that Shopify solved this problem if you upgrade to Shopify Plus, however the price for Shopify Plus is $2,000.00 which is sky high in my opinion. Isn't there just an app with this feature, that you can buy? I want to be able to charge the customer in their local currency and recieve payment in my currency. Is upgrading to Shopify Plus the only solution for this? Yes? No?

0 Likes