My IBAN is rejected during Shopify Payments setup

Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm trying to setup Shopify Payments, but it doesn't accept my IBAN, even though it has been inserted correctly.
The IBAN belongs to a myPOS bank account (https://www.mypos.eu/)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1649 99 357

Hey, @gp27

If the system is not accepting your IBAN, then it may be coming from an unsupported bank. For Shopify Payments, you would need to connect a standard checking account opened with a European bank.  Other types of bank accounts (e.g., savings) or those with a virtual bank account provider (e.g., e-wallet or cross-border services) are not supported. You will also need to ensure that your IBAN has the "IT" prefix. 

If you're using a supported bank account, and the IBAN has an IT prefix, but are still getting the error, then please share a screenshot of the error you see as I can take a look. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Same here, i tried 2 different Iban, but is still rejected.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1649 99 357

@fabios76 

Can you confirm whether the bank account you're trying to add falls within the criteria list above? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1
My IBAN isn’t accepted either.
It’s a supported account and it has IE prefix. Error message says “IBAN is invalid” I have tried loads of times changing info to see if it made any difference but it’s still invalid
Please help!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1649 99 357

@sinead20125 

Thank you for letting me know! I have shipped you an email to verify the account so I can escalate the issue over to our Billing team. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, I am also experiencing this issue with an IE (Irish based) IBAN. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1649 99 357

@DSEEquestrian 

Could you review the steps below and let me know what you find out?

1. What error are you seeing exactly? The error will give us a good indication of what the issue is and what needs to be fixed. 
  2. Can you confirm that your IBAN is for a banking institution physically located in the Republic of Ireland (where you are located). "Virtual" banks, companies that mimic bank accounts in certain locations (like Payoneer accounts), or banks located in a different country can't be supported.
  3. If the error doesn't hint at what needs to be fixed, and the IBAN is from a banking institution physically located in the Republic of Ireland, then we'll want you to try to update this using Google Chromes Incognito mode. 

If the above does not work, then I will reach you to gather a screenshot of the error, and a bank-issued document listing your IBAN so I can escalate this up to our Payments team for further review.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1
I’m sorted now thanks, was putting in ‘1’ instead of ‘i’😂😂