My customer said she got charged twice for her order

KieraM
1 0 0

I'm having this problem when I try to send an invoice to a customer. Did you find a solution?

0 Likes
SKYA
1 0 0

I am having the same issue - Jan 2021

It's my first order from my personal (not business) shopify - it was Alipayexpress / Oberlo product
It was a friend who made the order luckily but he's sent me screenshots of his Bank deductions and sure enough 
there were two transactions from my Paypal showing one on the 25th and the second on the 29th

Please help me resolve this issue and prevent it from happening in future as I don't want to pour my lifesavings into marketing if the customers feel like they are getting scammed double

Kindest Regards
SKYA

0 Likes
sadiegrea
2 0 0

Did any of you all get this resolved?  This just happended to us!  A customer purchased in store and then she was charged again in the wee morning hours the following day.  The customer issued a charge back and her bank charged us a fee, but we only received the funds from the first transaction.  So now we are out the money, items and the fee. This is very worrisome    Was just wondering how your incident ended?  Were you able to get it resolved?

0 Likes
sgalway
2 0 0

This problem just sort of disappeared for us.  However, we are only active in our Shopify store during the holidays so no telling if the issue is back or not.

0 Likes
TSBAdelaide
2 0 0
Yes, but my customer contacted my shop first so I got to explain to her how
the second charge was only pending and would not be deducted out of her
bank account. I advised her to wait dor few days for that pending
transaction (that may look like a double charge) to disappear and no fund
from second transaction would be deducted from her account.

Hopes that make sense.
0 Likes
sadiegrea
2 0 0

Just wondering how this was resolved, we just had the same thing happen to us ... customers bank confirmed funds were removed twice but we only recieved one payment... love to know how your incident ended - thanks

0 Likes