My customer said she got charged twice for her order

Highlighted
1 0 0

So my customer who already came and pick up her order in store is now contacting me saying she got charged twice. She sent over the bank transaction as well showing she got charged double (one is $69.95 - full amount & one is $57.96 - amount after 20% off as i refunded her that 20% off ). However in my payout schedule it only shows I have $57.96 in transit from that order to be paid out to me in a couple of days. How do I go about this? Please help as it's urgent.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @TSBAdelaide ,
Which payment company you used in your shopify? you should contact your payment providers first. As they are the one who collects the money from your customer's bank. 

Shopify official payment provider
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
727 57 89

Hi @TSBAdelaide,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us! 

Just so I can gather some more context; what payment gateway was used to process this order? Was it Shopify Payments?

If you open the order in your admin and then scroll down to the timeline of the order, can you check to see if there's an error anywhere stating that there was a problem with the payment? It could be that the payment for the order was rejected initially (maybe due to insufficient funds or an error with their bank) and so there's a pending charge on their bank statement. If something like this has happened, the customer's funds should bounce back to their account within a few business days. 

Just as well, our Forum Community wouldn't be a direct line to our Support so there might be a delay in our replies. For immediate assistance, we would recommend contacting our 24/7 live chat, phone or social media support here

If you would like me to pop you an email to take a closer look at the order, please let me know, I'm happy to help! 

Many Thanks,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi @Ted,

I'm having the exact same issue - using shopify payments. Client has received 2 charges, one for the original price and one for the price minus shipping (after issuing a partial refund) rather than receiving a refund.

Checked the payment status of the original transaction, no errors showing up there. Could you lend a hand?

Thanks,

Lorcan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
727 57 89

Hi, @illustratif!

Thanks for letting me know!

Sure thing, I'll need to take a closer look at the account so I've sent an email to you privately if you could take a peek. If there’s anything else I can help you with please let me know, I'm happy to help!

Many thanks,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am having this issue with all customers that used a card and not Apple Pay or PayPal direct. 
NEED HELP! 
their invoices say their regular charge but on Shopify is has double charge to their accounts 

0 Likes