My payments have been on hold for a few weeks for no apparent reason.

Highlighted
3 0 0

My shop has been online for over a year without a problem with payments. Now my payments have been stopped. I've just encouraged one of my clients to go on Shopify so this doesn't bode well. I can get no sense out of the Support section, it just goes round in a circle. Can't find an email address. Is there an accounts department? Hope someone from Shopify is monitoring these posts. (unicornpooaustralia.myshopify.com)

thanks

Linda

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1633 99 357

Hi, @Linda_J_

I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble connecting with our support to help address the hold on your account. If you're having issues loading the support page then we would recommend clearing your browser cache and trying again. If that does not work, then using Google Chrome Incognito mode, or a different browser should resolve this. That said, I'm happy to help get the hold reviewed but will require that I verify the account. If you can respond to my email titled "Shopify Forum Support" with the requested information then I can take a look. 

Chat soon!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thankyou for replying. I still haven't seen the email from Shopify Forum Support. I got one giving me a badge for making a post - not what you want when you're annoyed  

I wondered if my credit card had expired but your payments seem to be still coming out of my account.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1633 99 357

@Linda_J_ 

I have resent you the email. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thanks Peter. I received an email which said there was a problem with intellectual property on a couple of items in my shop. Considering the stock comes from AliExpress this probably won't be the only time this happens. 

It would have been SO much easier if shopify had simply put a notification on my home page to rectify this weeks ago instead of suspending my payments and making me hunt down a reason for the suspension.

I have since deleted the offending items but my account is still showing the suspension. I have 2 businesses on shopify and have just set up a client on a shopify account. The lack of being able to contact anyone when there's a problem has made me worry about building these businesses more.

Linda

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1633 99 357

@Linda_J_ 

I appreciate your feedback. I know that the process could use improvement so this is valuable feedback to have. Each case is a bit unique in what we require from the business owner; however, we do try to ensure a prompt is placed in your admin to make you aware of the hold and to contact support. It does sound like this may not have happened on your account, which understandably, would have added further frustration to the situation. For that, I do apologize. 

From the sounds of it, you are already in contact with our Risk team who would be able to help with this case. It would be best to respond to their email as they are the only ones that can work with you to get this resolved. 

0 Likes