My product shipping weight doesnt seem to work

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, Just setting up my store for the first time and I am selling large heavy items. Each product has a shipping weight associated with it, but when I try an example order it seems to be using just one pound for the weight. My items are about 30, 50, or 70 pounds, so shipping is rather expensive. What am  doing wrong??

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
150 6 15

Hello @bobberner,

I would love to review your scenario and provide cause and solution but would need access or screenshots.  As for shipping your heavy items, we offer many creative weight based shipping option including LTL  so that the rates are always accurate - lets discuss further if you have a moment.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
227 27 33

when creating products on shopify, you will need to add weight to your products on the catalogue, so it gets used when placing an order. search here for weight: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/products/details

We help you achieve your Goals! Visit us on: Webmefy.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Thanks,

My items are not large enough for LTL, but will go via UPS ground.
Currently maxing out at about 70lbs. How can I get you the info you need?

\Bob
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
50 0 3

Hi @bobberner,

ShipperHQ can definitely do this for you. We have customers selling all kinds of goods on Shopify that are using our Dimensional Shipping feature to get more accurate rates and protect their margins.

ShipperHQ lets you define box sizes, assign products to specific boxes, set capacity limits, ship items separately, account for extra packaging weight, and much more. 

You can get in touch with our sales team, and they would be happy to discuss further! Or you can sign up for a free 30-day trial and see how ShipperHQ works for your business.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Accurate rates do not come because of the following issues : 

- nature of products is such that only weight cannot be used (primarily because their volumetric weight is higher than normal weight).

- multiple packages are not accounted for during the calculation of rates

- dimensions are not accounted for during the calculation of rates

All these basic problems can be resolved by a solution that takes into account volumetric weight and compares the volumetric weight to the actual weight and then sends the higher one between the two for calculation. You can check out the Multi Carrier Shipping Label app, that will help you achieve this.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
150 6 15

The solution is as simple as The Point System

0 Likes