My real name is in the customers "receiver" field in bank transaction

Solved
2 1 0

Hi Community, 

This is my first post here since I also have just started my Shopify webshop, I hope I'm not doing anything wrong. If I do.. I'm sorry. This is the first problem I am unable to solve for myself.. The problem being that my real, in life name shows up on the "receiver" field when customers make a payement using iDEAL. See the attached screenshot below. Is there any way to change this? I only want my company name, or my webshops name to show up on the customers transaction in the receiver field.

Please note: I already tried changing the customer billing statement, this only changes the information that is in the "description" (In the screenshot I marked it with a black line). 

I already contacted my bank with this issue, they told me I should ask for help at my payment service provider...

Naamloos.png

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
855 47 148

Hey, @RickK99!

Due to strick IDEAL requirements, a name is required and will always be shown to your customers when completing a purchase through IDEAL. You can, however, have IDEAL add your business name as an additional reference to the transaction, which will appear alongside your first name. 

IDEAL is offered through payment providers such as Shopify Payments, or Mollie Payments. Depending on which provider you use will determine who you need to contact to add your business name. If you navigate to Settings/Payment Providers, you will see IDEAL under "Alternative Payment Methods," which will tell you if it is enabled by Mollie, or by Shopify Payments: 

19-11-hj63b-ozeug

If it shows Shopify Payments, let me know as I can verify your account and escalate your request. If it shows an alternative payment provider such as Mollie, then you will need to speak with them to have this information added. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted

Success.

2 1 0

Hi @Peter !

First of all, thanks for taking your time to respond and helping me out.

After reading your message, I found out that when using IDEAL with Shopify Payments there is a "real name" required indeed, however when I tried to use IDEAL with Mollie Payments I found that it is not required, so it's a fix for my problem. Now that I have set up Mollie Payments on my webshop the receiver name on the customers transaction is "My Webshop by Mollie".

If it shows Shopify Payments, let me know as I can verify your account and escalate your request.
Do you mean with the quoted text above that I can also use Shopify Payments with my webshop name as receiver on the customers transaction? Because if yes, it would have my preference. Let me know. 
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
855 47 148

@RickK99 

Happy to hear that Mollie had a bit more flexibility.

Do you mean with the quoted text above that I can also use Shopify Payments with my webshop name as receiver on the customers transaction? Because if yes, it would have my preference. Let me know. 

Not exactly! If you use Shopify Payments, then both your real name and your business would appear. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes