My shipping rate is too high

Tanya_Turner
1 0 0

Hello, 

I am at the infant stage of starting my store using drop shipping. My issue is with my shipping rate. The shipping rate is suppose to be $4.95, but is coming up to $8.99 in check out. The company charges $3.99 to ship. In my shopify, what should I edit the shipping to be. I am really in need as to how to correct this issue. Please, anyone, help me, Thank you,

Zani Zodiacs

0 Likes
Kriz
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
38 1 11

Hi Tanya,

I'm Kris, a Shopify guru!

You have complete control over the shipping rates you'd like to charge in Settings > Shipping in your admin. Manual rates can be determined based on the total cost of a customer's cart when entering the checkout, or the total weight if you assign weights to your products. You also have the choice of activating real-time carrier rates, which are automatically calculated based on the specifics of someone's order from the carrier of your choosing! 

You can learn more about the different rates and find some examples here

In order to look at how your store's shipping rates are currently set up to help out with this, I've sent you an email so we can discuss it privately. 

Our support channels are here for you 24/7 as well as a friendly reminder, which is a great way to directly address a question like this. :)

Happy selling!

Kris 

0 Likes
DTAthletics
1 0 0

High I’ve had a similar issue with a customer (friend) who was getting ready to checkout his cart — but he noticed that the shipping was calculated to come out to $24?? 

I’m wondering how is this even possible. I’m using printify and printful to supply my products — my best guess is that the some of the products from printful, when finalizing them — there’s a point where I can choose a supplier location. I do recall having chosen at least two additional suppliers in case my customers come from abroad (outside the US).

but the customer in question, lives in the US, so I’m not sure why he’s getting quoted for $24 in shipping lol 

any help would be awesome!

0 Likes