My store misidentified as selling CBD, now payments are blocked.

5 0 0

Hello, 

We make cocktail bitters.  Shopify recently flagged our products as potentially pseudo-pharmaceutical.  They requested an ingredient list to prove there was no cannabinoids like THC or CBD in them.  We spent the money on a 3rd party lab analysis for our 2 SKUs and it shows clearly there are zero cannabinoids.  I sent the certificates into Risk Operations at their request.  Email from Shopfiy says they are now unable to process CC's for the reason that we are selling CBD products. 

Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 2.40.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 2.40.42 PM.png

We'd just like to get back onto Shopify payments, now that we can prove Shopify is blocking accounts for no real reason. 

Michael 

0 Likes

Hey @StraindBitters, just wanted to chime in real quick with some feedback from our team. I believe the issue Shopify had was with the terpenes which they related to CBD. Either way, the terpenes would still cause your product to be classified as high risk and therefore not a fit for Shopify Payments. Due to the nature of terpenes as it relates to CBD you will likely need a CBD friendly processor. Hope this helps. 

- Kyle

Affiliation Disclosure: I am the Director of Technology at PayKings - A high-risk payment processing company.
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Terpenes are not related to CBD in any way. Theyre scent/flavor molecules, they're in literally everything. This is like not allowing payments for anything made of metal, because bullets are made of metal, and shopify doesnt allow weapons to be sold. 

1 Like
5 0 0
Hey Kyle,

Our terpenes do not come from Cannabis. They’re food grade and do not
require any processing license to sell. We have certificates of origin to
prove this. Again, we don’t need a processing license. Terpenes are found
in every beverage you drink from the hops in beer to the natural botanicals
in Kombucha.

Does this help?
0 Likes
5 0 0

@Kyle-PayKings see above.