My store phone number not showing on customer credit card statement

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
36 0 4

Here is a snapshot from the online bank statement for my store.

Notice that my store's phone number does not show up like it does for other merchants.  

Why is that and how can I change it?  And why is it showing some http info where the phone should be?credit.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
479 41 105

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @pambesteder!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

Thanks for sharing those screenshots. It really helps me understand exactly what's going on here. 

To clarify, when your Shopify Payments account is created, Shopify automatically sends your business information, along with the statement descriptor text to all credit card companies. However, what they choose to display will vary based on the card company. Ultimately, we cannot control what is on the final billing statement as this varies based on the network, card brand, and issuing bank.

Have you had a chance to see what other customers' billing statements look like? My guess is that they may appear differently than yours. If you are able to have a friend or family member make a purchase on your website using a different card brand from a different bank, this would be a great way to see how statements will appear for others.

I hope this clears things up! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
36 0 4

Thank you that helps

1 Like