Solved

NEW FEATURES NEEDED PLEASE: USPS SCAN END OF DAY FORM AND PACKING SLIPS

Darren_Moore
Excursionist
23 0 11

SHOPIFY - please consider adding features to the shipping section of the platform.  I was using shipstation for years and just found out that shipstation is almost $2 more for shipping than shopify for priority mail.  AND your rates for UPS are 7-8 dollars lower than shipstation.  So we have switched back over to using shopify.  However, we are missing some pretty basic features, such as end of day form and to be able to print a pick list or several packing slips at once for all the orders that day.

The big problem is there is NO ONE out there that even has an app developed for this.  

I know there are a TON of people that would love to have these features.  

Hopefully soon we will see them. 

DM
Accepted Solution (1)
Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

This is an accepted solution.

Hi everyone.

We’re happy to share that you can now generate a SCAN Form for USPS shipping labels purchased with Shopify Shipping using the free Shipping Manifests app. For those who are not aware, when you generate a SCAN Form for a batch of shipments, USPS scans one barcode on the form to accept all of those shipments instead of scanning each package individually. 

Learn more about how to create SCAN Forms on Shopify.

Thanks again all for your feedback

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 12 (12)

ashley_dw
Visitor
1 0 0

I was struggling with the fact that there was no end of day form either- we ship a lot of packages daily and was afraid that the driver would oppose of scanning each individual package. I have been googling a variety of keywords hoping to find an app or a solution that someone found for this. 

I noticed that the UPS shipping labels that I generated through Shopify have an icon of a package with a bow on the bottom right of the label. According to several articles that I found (not from UPS or Shopify but 3rd party shipping companies) that the icon means that they are pre-scanned and don't require scanning or end of day report. 

Here are the links to the pages I found explaining that these are pre-scanned and the driver doesn't need to scan them: 

https://help.shipengine.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007082454-Manifests-and-Carrier-End-of-Day-Document...

https://help.skulabs.com/en/articles/2308780-how-can-i-generate-an-end-of-day-manifest-for-ups

https://support.ordoro.com/ups-scan-form/

I'm not sure if this is the case with Shopify generated UPS labels too but I clearly can't confirm since these articles are not from Shopify or UPS. I'm really hoping this works since the Shopify UPS rates are so great!

aprilsmaple
Visitor
1 0 0

hi there, I am to confirm if this true and we do not need to run an end of the day report for UPS if we print labels through shopify.  this is a big problem and time waster for my organization.  have you received any confirmation on this or if anyone is shipping UPS can you confirm that we do not need the end of the day if the bow is on the label.  this would be great news and so very helpful.  thank you, april

hugoindustries
Excursionist
13 0 10

This is irrelevant. Unless you're okay with handing your package over without getting it scanned and then having no recourse to claim a stolen package when it disappears and tracking shows you never dropped it off because it was never scanned. Shopify needs to add end of day scan list or manifest. There's no way around it and it's a glaring shortcoming of this ecommerce platform.

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

This is an accepted solution.

Hi everyone.

We’re happy to share that you can now generate a SCAN Form for USPS shipping labels purchased with Shopify Shipping using the free Shipping Manifests app. For those who are not aware, when you generate a SCAN Form for a batch of shipments, USPS scans one barcode on the form to accept all of those shipments instead of scanning each package individually. 

Learn more about how to create SCAN Forms on Shopify.

Thanks again all for your feedback

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

kizer-roll
Visitor
1 0 2

We need this for UPS. How can we get a log of all the daily shipments created using UPS or DHL. 

FusionDecals
Excursionist
13 0 14

We need this for UPS like everyone is asking not for usps.

Sharps9
Visitor
1 0 0

Does this app still exist? I'm not finding it.

eBeeLuv
Excursionist
33 0 8

USPS end of day manifest is available - don't go to the app store. Go to Orders > Shipping Labels> Pickup and Manifests (upper right hand corner) > Create Manifest. It will then ask if you want to connect the app. After you do this 1 time app is installed and you can print end of day manifest for USPS packages by going back to this same location each day.

Nothing that I can find for UPS packages yet.

Mirdas
Shopify Partner
419 43 70

Hello @eBeeLuv @FusionDecals , @kizer-roll,

If you are using Shopify shipping or an app to generate the UPS shipping label, you do not need to submit a PLD or an End of Day form.

All the shipment information is automatically sent to UPS when your labels are created. This is indicated by the package/present icon on the bottom right of your UPS shipping label. This denotes that the shipment data has already been pre-scanned. Drivers are not required to scan each package individually.

If you've been processing your UPS shipments via WorldShip, you're probably accustomed to generating the required End of Day form and electronic Package Level Detail (PLD) report. The PLD report sends the shipping and package data for the shipments processed since your last End of Day process. The End of Day form is then provided to the driver to verify this information.

Co-Founder / CEO @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
eBeeLuv
Excursionist
33 0 8

yes we've shipped with UPS for 25 years - here's the issue. It doesn't matter that the info. has been sent to UPS. That DOES NOT mean that if you have 50 packages waiting for UPS to pick up and then UPS picks them up.

This does not prove any package actually was - once they get to the UPS hub and a package goes missing, we have no proof it was actually picked up until it is scanned at the hub. Sometimes they are not even scanned at the hub!

This does happen! UPS will state they never picked up the package. We can't prove it since no scan happened at pickup. If we had a scan sheet at the time of daily pickup - that would then prove that package was indeed picked up.

Just because UPS is sent info. at the time the label is generated with Shopify does ZERO to show that package was picked up and that UPS now has the package. An UPS scan sheet would be great! Our pickup guy already stated it would help him.

Mirdas
Shopify Partner
419 43 70

Hi @eBeeLuv , this is interesting. Thanks for sharing the case. 

Co-Founder / CEO @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
skirby
Visitor
2 0 0

Is anything in the works to enable Shopify Shipping users to print an end of day form for UPS to scan at pick up?