Need a Payment Processor for Vitamins and Supplements

Highlighted
Excursionist
32 0 4

I woke up this morning to an email from PayPal saying that my merchant account had been closed.  They claim that I am selling prescription products on my website.  I'm not!  The product that they claim is prescription is an over the counter health supplement sold on a zillion other websites.

Can anyone suggest a payment processor with low rates and no long term agreement that will accept websites that sell vitamins and health supplements?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
235 0 24

Hey Susan!

I'm Daryoush - on the extraordinary Guru team! :)

I'm sorry to hear that! If I may ask, which country are you located in? If you are in the U.S for example, there are a variety of 3rd party payment gateways you can use, such as 2Checkout and Authorize.net. I would definitely reach out to them to see if they will support the products you are selling and if they do, you can create an account with them. Once you have an account, you can integrate the gateway in your Shopify admin located in "Settings" -> "Payments" by entering the gateway account credentials. Please take a look at this link for the full list of all gateways for several countries.

I hope this helps and have a lovely day!

Cheers,
Daryoush

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
32 0 4

Thanks Daryoush!  I'm in the US.  Unfortunately, my products are listed on the prohibited list for both Authorize.net and 2Checkout and just about everybody on the list.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
235 0 24

Hey Susan!

Oh no, that's not good :(

There should be at least one payment gateway that will support your products - take a look at these!

Elavon Converge
First Data Payeezy
Network Merchants (NMI)
Sage Payment Solutions
WorldPay (Direct)
WorldPay (Offsite)

Cheers,
Daryoush

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi 

I know this tread is 3 years old but just want to see was this issue resolved?

As I need a Payment Processor for Vitamins and Supplements on Shopify.

Any advice in relation to this would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Conor Sugrue

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello! First you need to make sure that you will not have a conflict with the e-wallet. Next, read the best choice products reviews- there are many examples of such situations. If you have questions, write :)

0 Likes