Need an app for this shipping scenario

Tourist
7 1 0

We ship heavy items -ceramic tiles. We need to support the following scenarios for any order:

Example 1 - Product A

1. Sample tiles (a variant of A) ships free
  2. Pallet of tiles (a variant of A) ships free. One pallet of A contains 48 boxes
  3. Box (a Variant of A)
    1. 1-9 boxes -  shipping cost is 12% of the total amount value of the boxes purchased
    2. 10+ boxes - ships free

Example 1 - Product B

1. Sample tiles (a variant of B) ships free
  2. Pallet of tiles (a variant of B) ships free. One pallet of B contains 30 boxes
  3. Box (a Variant of B)
    1. 1-9 boxes -  shipping cost is 12% of the total amount value of the boxes purchased
    2. 10+ boxes - ships free

Any order combination of Pallet plus single boxes ships free

Any suggestions of an App that can support this?

Thanks you.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1736 48 156

@MktInABox wrote:
    1. 10+ boxes - ships free

That could be handled with a free shipping discount, or a shipping rate for a high weight.

The high weight can either just taken into account your actual product weights, or you could add and overly heavy placeholder item to the users cart to trigger the shipping options

@MktInABox wrote:

That's a bit harder though has been discussed before

, forum search "percentage of cart total" in the subform Payments, Shipping & Fulfillment or search entire forum for similar.

I think the app "intuitive shipping" supports this, also if your on Shopify Plus checkout scripts might handle this.

There's also the option of developing your own custom carrier service to generate pricing.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept the solution so you can help others.
Confused? Busy? ? Get me to solve it paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com.
Buy me a coffee? ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
7 1 0

HI, thank you for the ideas. Correct, we got stuck at the shipping charges per boxes. Started looking at Intuitive Shopping for this, we hope to find the solution there.

Joe

0 Likes
Tourist
7 1 0

We considered the free shipping discount code but we realized that we need 10+ boxes of the same sku for free shipping. 

0 Likes

Thanks for the shoutout Paul! It's much appreciated. And yes, Intuitive Shipping definitely can handle this with a set of rules involving volume, tags, etc. depending on what is easiest.

Intuitive Shipping - Customer Success
0 Likes
Tourist
7 1 0

We downloaded the app and tried it. Also we scheduled a support meeting but it will take place after our target date, Anyway this meeting can be scheduled earlier than Tue, June 4, 2019, 10 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.?

0 Likes

Absolutely! I would be happy to set that up for you. I will message you using the appointment request details.

Intuitive Shipping - Customer Success
0 Likes
Tourist
7 1 0
Thanks.
0 Likes