Need to change store currency

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi there,

I need to change my store currency back to Dhs as store is in Dubai. However, Paypal was not accepting it so I changed the store to USD for the purpose of testing the buying process.

And now I can't change the store currency back to Dhs.

I need help to change the currency back to the store's location and how can do that? 

Also, how do I get Paypal to work with UAE currency?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
748 42 134

Hi, @livelife09 !

Katy here from Shopify - I hope all is great with you!

I would love to help you with this. First of all I would like to check - have you managed to find a gateway that works for you?

We do have a link to all options for your location here to help you out. I do see that PayPal is on this list country list. As far as I am aware you should be able to receive funds using this gateway:

05-25-3rmsv-eez2h

However I am not aware of PayPal's own operating currency requirements/ restrictions. The best thing to do in this case, would be to chat with their own support team directly. In addition we do have info on direct payment options (which can be used along side PayPal for example) here too

Regarding changing your currency, this can be done in your: Admin > Settings > General > Standards and formats

However if you have already made sales, even a test order this area will become locked (as indicated by your screenshot). The reason this lock is placed, is so you can reach out to our support team and chat with us about the effects this will have on your business if you were to change currencies after sales have been made. This can include discrepancies in:

• Reporting: With changing between currencies, our reporting doesn't factor in the difference between currencies. So if you had $100USD processed, that would show as $100USD in reports. Switching to Dhs/AED,  the report would still read as $100USD from previous processing. Since 1 Dhs/AED is not equal to $1 USD.
  • Product Pricing: Since the dollar amount between currencies is not the same, a product price’s value, could mean something different if the currency is adjusted and impact your margins. For example - $20USD, is not equal to $20 Dhs/AED . Refunds processed after a currency change will also be affected by the currency change.
  • Apps: Some apps may have limitations when it comes to changing the selling currency. If you would like to know how changing the selling currency will affect your apps, you will need to reach out to the App partner to clarify before changing their selling currency.

That being said, there are also some possible workarounds which you may like to consider:

• Reporting: You can set a “date range” for the data you are reviewing, to exclude any transactions that might have been processed in a different currency before the specific date of the currency switch.
  • Products: Adjustments can be made to product pricing if needed to factor in the currency difference. You’ll also want to review any of your product pages, themes, etc for currency information, that might need to be adjusted. 

Do let me know your thoughts on this.  I have sent you an email to help verify your details, if you would still like to go ahead with the switch.

Cheers,
Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi there,

I need to change my store currency back to € as store is in Spain curryntly.
I need help to change the currency back to the store's location

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
748 42 134

Hi, Ramón!

Thanks for joining in here.

Yep, sure! So long as you are aware of, and okay with the affects that this will have on your: reporting, products and apps as outlined above, I can help you to make this change. I would also encourage you to set your store currency to match your target market's location, rather than the location of your store.

I have sent you an email to confirm your store details, if you are happy to go ahead with the change, feel free to reply to me when you can and we can get this set up for you.

Cheers,

Katy

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, i need to change my currency, as you mention above i already read it and i still want to change my currency. So, i need you to help me with that.

thank you

jay

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
748 42 134

Hi, @Benjana07 !

Thanks for joining in here also.

That’s no problem at all - so long as you are aware of the discrepancies that can occur.  If you are happy to go ahead with the change I am happy to help you out with this. I have sent you an email to confirm your details. Do please reply to me when you can so that we can begin the changeover process. 

Cheers,

Katy

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, I need to change my store currency, as you mentioned above I have already read it and I still want to change my currency.

So, need your help with that.

thank you

Huice

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
748 42 134

Hi, @Huice !

Thanks for joining here. Yes, that's no problem at all. I have sent you an email also, if you could reply to me when you can that would be great. 

Cheers,

Katy

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey there Katy/Shopify Team,

I also need to change my store currency. Can you send me the subsequent email to do so? I want to change from GBP to USD. My store name is modernmission, domain:modernmissionclo.com

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Please help me on this as well. Thanks

@Katy wrote:

Hi, @Huice !

Thanks for joining here. Yes, that's no problem at all. I have sent you an email also, if you could reply to me when you can that would be great. 

Cheers,

Katy

0 Likes